Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Just saying...

I've tried for 37 years to right the wrongs in my family and our world, @chibam, and have only recently stopped. It's not a matter of 'if you can't beat them, join them', but 'I can't beat them, so I'll just let them do their own thing, and play along if I have to'. I do otherwise when it affects me personally.

I agree with @Willy. I've given up on people changing irw. I've stopped believing in people's intrinsic goodness, that if shown a better way they will change. It's PHOOEY!

And the notion of a 'fair go'? Just a claim to decency in the real world which is non-existent in so many of its inhabitants, not to be actually practised. Just talk.

In the real world, I'm keeping my mouth shut, my head down and just playing along. Trying not to draw attention to myself.

EDIT: Later that day: maybe I'm just having a grouchy day. Sorry to all if it seems that I am.

Good Morning, @chibam. 😊I asked you some time ago when your birthday was, so I had to find a way to send you best wishes for your 'significant' day in lieu of a birthday wish. I guess the only way is to tap into an earlier post, as I have done here. So, have a great day my friend.😎I hope it is a good one for you and that you're doing alright. I'm doing surprisingly well and revelling in it while it lasts. Perhaps that will make it last all the longer still. Cheers 🎉

Thanks, @Historylover ! 😃

Not much going on here today; just some regular domestic chores that needed doing. But the date does bring back some fond memories.🙂

Glad to hear you are doing well! I hope that trend persists! 🙂

Hi @Historylover and @Willy ,

How are you going? Thinking of you both,

tyme

Plodding on @tyme. I hope things are going alright with you too. Sending best wishes for a pleasant April.🤞

Hey there, @chibam. I haven't heard a lot from you of late but have taken that to be a good sign? I just checked in and saw you are online so thought I'd say Hello. I hope things are going well for you. Sending best wishes.😊

Hi @Historylover ! Good to hear from you! 🙂

Actually I sort of dropped out because I was being knocked around by a few health problems. First coronavirus, then an infection... then my computer went wonky...

How have things been with you?

I've been making the best of my bad situation during a lull of sorts, @chibam. Just keeping busy and trying to stay out of trouble. 

I had computer problems too, so bought a(nother) new one to alleviate my distress because I need it to be working well every day. I just don't need computer problems too! They get more and more expensive every time. Computer companies certainly have us all reliant on them now! I have no-one to ask computer questions, so it can be very distressing trying to work everything out for myself. And it's all so time-consuming! They are just so very complicated!! Life isn't easy these days!! 

Sorry to hear you've had the dreaded CoVid! I've managed to avoid it to date, but of course there will be new strains on the way. Incredible, isn't it? I hope you had a mild case. I had my second booster and flu shot yesterday, so keeping fingers crossed they keep me protected to some extent.🤞Winter is on it's way and who knows what illness will present. Anyway, I'm sounding a bit pessimistic, so I'll change gear. 😊

P.S. I probably won't reply to your other post @chibam. My pessimism about what is being swept under the rug in MH will be too great. But, you're right. A lot is lost is vaguaries. But it sounds good.

That's okay, @Historylover 🙂.

I don't know what I'd expect to hear in response to that post, anyway. Maybe just some confirmations that I'm not especially slow, and that many other ordinary people are just as confused about what's being pushed as I am.

The only meaningful response I guess I could get would be from the organizations/activists themselves, in the form of a rewording of their official policies, so they actually tell you specifically what they are advocating for, in plain english.

To be honest @chibam, I think you talk too much sense for most people.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance