Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I'm not in a good space right now

I'm not in a good space right now. I was in a good space yesterday (no depression or anxiety) but I'm not in a good space now. I'm not sure how to describe what's going on but it feels awful.

I'm glad that I stopped what I was doing and realised that I need to take care of myself. I need to be gentle and kind with myself. I think I'm reacting to me speaking up for myself. 

I'm grateful for my Pug snoring beside me. I'm grateful for a cup of tea. I'm grateful that I don't have to go anywhere or see anyone today. I'm grateful that I have a house full of food. 

I suddenly feel really tired. I'm going to listen to my audio book now.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I'm not in a good space right now

Hey @Arizona , sorry that you're feeling awful.  I hope the audio book is a good one. I admire your ability to check in with yourself and your self care skills, to me it seems like whenever you post here about feeling bad, you always post about what you're doing to connect with your pug or about doing something nice for yourself.  Hopefully you'll feel better soon.  

Hey, regardless of how you're feeling you're still in the wake of well earned progress.

It can be helpful to remind yourself that wellness is more of a journey than a goal. You come down from one mountain, trek through the valley and start climbing the next one. OMG, we are Sisyphus's boulder aren't we. Whoever came up with that analogy must of lived in a very hilly area. Maybe recovery is about having the mountaineering adventure and not carrying a boulder (or swapping for something more carryable).

And, that's what we call a mixed metaphor.

Hey @Arizona 

When you feel better, it seems like your suggesting that sticking up for yourself made you feel awful? How did the interaction go, was it full of emotion or did it involve just talking about behaviours and impact?

hi @Arizona and welcome to the forums not sure if Ive come across your posts before but I would just like to say something positive to you if thats ok I can hear that your struggling today but I also think that its so great that inspite of how your feeling your still finding things in your everyday life to be thankfull for so well done for reckognising those positive things,also listening to audio books sounds like a good idea and do be gentle with yourself,what are some of your favourite audiobooks?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance