Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

sunreyes
New Contributor

Hallucinating

My children's father (separated) thinks he has a python, and 20 dugites living in his house. He also thinks he gets attacked by them at least once a week. There is also tiny ones living underneath his skin. He even went to ED recently and stayed for 12 hours of monitoring after a "bite." He also gets attacked by scorpions in his car when he's driving about once every 2-3 months. I'm not sure if he's an alcoholic, on drugs or just having some sort of mental episode. Just needed to vent. In between working from home, home schooling and supervising a toddler, this my life at the moment. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hallucinating

@sunreyes  Hey sunreyes and welcome to the forum :). Are you on good terms with your ex? would he listen to you?  the reason that I am asking is that I feel it is really important that he goes and sees his gp (will be very hard atm I know ....) or goes to the ed or rings for an ambulance and get admitted next time he has one of these episodes. You have to ask yourself do you want someone in charge of your children when they are hallucinating (due to drugs or not). He does not sound well to me at all and I wouldnt want him to be around my children when he is in that state just saying. greenpeax ps: if you go by ambos you seem imho to get through quicker.

Hi greenpea, 

We are mostly on good terms. Myself & his family have begged him to go to see a medical professional, but he refuses to. He just thinks he needs a snake catcher and it will all be okay. There is no rationalising with him. He just doesn't think he needs to go. The one time he did actually take himself to ED he didn't tell them anything other than he was bitten by a snake. Left out all the other stuff. He said that the doctors would think he's insane if he told them. He hasn't been left unsupervised with our children since this began, and they're starting to notice him talking about snake a lot now. That's really what made me post, I'm sad that they are seeing their Dad acting so erratically. 

@sunreyes  Hey sunreyes. You can have him taken to a mental health unti at a hospital without his consent if he is a danger to himself or those around him. I would be monitoring the situation closely and yes do not leave him alone with the children since he is obviously quite unwell. I wish I could wave my magic wand for you but until he is properly treated by a medical team there is little one can do. Again as soon as he is showing any worrying signs off to the ed department via ambulance and police if necessary. Take care. greenpeaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance