Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Feeling bad and in a tricky situation.

I really don’t know what to do. I am supposed to be traveling tomorrow to see family that lives 6 hours away and I don’t really want to go, I want to see my family but I don’t feel up to traveling and my family never even asked if I was ok to go and just assumed I was going with them. But where we will be staying is in my family members tiny house and it will be super crowded and I won’t have any space to myself which means I won’t sleep for the next 5 days it will be really hot I will have to be all happy and fine to do whatever my family wants and I won’t have any place to go if I am not coping.  I am hardly coping as i am now being back home because I have to be working around everyone else’s schedule which always makes my issues with hearing things worse in the night because I can’t make other noise. 

Ugh I just don’t know what to do. If I say I don’t want to go everyone will be mad but if I go I will be exhausted and really shaky and on edge for weeks. I really don’t know what to do. I am already feeling terrible and exhausted I don’t know if I can take this too. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Feeling bad and in a tricky situation.

hello Eden1919, 

Sounds like your a little scared of what might happen, Yep I know how that feels.  My guess is that you have known about this for a while and now it's due you have last minute cold feet. What I suggest is look for some balance to try and decide maybe make a list of pros and cons if you list 1 pro then 1 con it may not seem so bad and easier to choose what is wright for you. Your sticky situation didn't mention any good reasons to go so i'm not sure you have looked for them.

If your stuck maybe ring a family member and tell em how you are feeling unsure.

make it about you not just them they may just understand and help you through 

love hurts sometimes try and stay open.  kind regards @seagul

@seagul  I only found out a few days ago... I have looked for good things.... I tried to talk to them but now if I don’t go someone else will be mad ugh I am so tired I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so tired. 

Hey Eden1919

I'm worried about you travelling 6 hours and being tired I hope you're not driving. Sleep is important but the 2 don't mix. Your choice needs to be right for you

@Eden1919  Hey Eden1919 sounds like a nightmare imho dont go you would be setting yourself up for failure. They (your family) will just have to cop it this time around. You must look after your own health first. Sorry if this all sounds a bit abrupt but there comes a time when you have to say no (I did it around your age with christmas) and yes people were put out but you wont be alone in wanting to avoid the whole thing. I hope this helps. pea

@seagul @greenpea  I ended up not going but I think everyone is confused as to why and they keep asking and saying but don’t you want to see X. Like yes I want to see everyone but also I am tired and I cannot explain why I am not going because thy will not understand anyway. I guess it is better them being confused than me spending the whole time crying and getting blamed for ruining everything. 

@Eden1919  Good that you are looking after your own health and yes are totally right.

@greenpea  Thanks pea Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance