Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lilyq
Senior Contributor

Feeling a colidiscope of emotions

I feel up and down at the same time. I feel happy and sad all at once. I don't know what's wrong with me. 

I have schizoaffective disorder and missed a day off of taking the medication due to the chemist being closed and forgetting to pick it up. 

I have never experienced anything like this, have you ever ever heard of it before ? 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Feeling a colidiscope of emotions

Hi @Lilyq, I've experienced this too when I've forgotten meds or if I've undergone a medication change. It is like a mixed episode (up and down) but not as long lasting.

I'm schizoaffective too.

@Lilyq Hi Lilyq I have schizo too and have never missed any meds (although I have been tempted too ...) I don't think I have experienced anything like that although recently I felt really angry and 'I think' off the deep end a bit (I cannot remember properly). 

Does that help a bit? I hope so .... hope you feel better soon. greenpea

Thanks @greenpea and @Queenie I am sure I will feel better soon. How are you going? 

@Lilyq I have my medical nurse taking me out tomorrow which should be good. I have organized a new pdoc for my son (thank god!) at long last who hopefully will work out well for him. Other than that it has been a quiet, sleepy kind of day.  The weather is all over the place here typical spring weather.

How do you feel about medication Lilyq? Is it something that you have wondered about giving up on?

I'm doing a-okay thanks @Lilyq. I'm neither here nor there which is good for me. I like an euthymic state.

No @greenpea I need my medication. It's Latuda and it helps me a lot, I would be psychotic without it.

I wasn't on medication for 3 weeks and started imagening all sorts of things. 

What do you mean about Eurythmic state @Queenie

@Lilyq yes I would be psychotic too but it does make me wonder .... *sigh*. The good old days when I was legally sane.

How many years on medication @greenpea? I am going on 5 years! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance