Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

plantbased
Casual Contributor

False beliefs + Lack of thoughts

Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I have been recovering from a psychotic episode and since being on medication I have been "aware" of my false beliefs that have kept me from recovering. There just keep being more... after I learn of one there are countless more.. this hindsight has started to drive me crazy because I am so certain of these beliefs at the time. I also have a lack of thinking and disorganised though content and I want to stimulate my thinking mind because I am sure this would help me resolve these beliefs sooner but not sure how to start or if it is possible. Does anybody have any suggestions to these issues or personal experience they want to share? I hope this makes sense 

Thanks in advance!

-plantbased

4 REPLIES 4

Re: False beliefs + Lack of thoughts

@plantbased  Hey plantbased I have schizoaffective and went through a major psychotic episode which lasted about 18 months and longer .... I suppose the acute stage was 18 months .... anyway I have found it has taken me years to get well. With the right medications, vitamins and treatment with psychiatrist I am so much better now but as I say it has taken me years. Two steps forward and one giant step back most of the time. I hope this helps. greenpeaxx

Hi @plantbased. I am also in recovery from psychosis. Be patient with yourself, and be kind to yourself. Something that you could set up for yourself now would be good habits - like going to bed at the same time each night, going for a walk three times a week (or even everyday if that's easier), and meditating. The best thinkers loved going for walks, and so you might find it useful to clear your head. Meditation will also help you achieve a certain distance from your thoughts and feelings that you might find useful.

It does, thanks greenpea.

Hi Gwynn, thanks for the advice. I will be sure to keep up with my meditation practice. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance