Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lokison
Contributor

FFS!!!!!

Words are failing me right now!! I am so disappointed... Robot Mad Robot SadMy daughter whom I have posted about in the past, has just sabotaged her treatments. We have been waiting months for an assessment at an OCD and anxiety clinic, the clinician mentioned how long and difficult the exposure treatments are, my daughter told him she was in then in the next sentence screamed at him to "feck off" and stormed out!!

She has been crying for months about being normal and wanting help as soon as it is offered she rejects it in the worst way! I am done... she just broke me. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: FFS!!!!!

Just remember why you are disappointed, and make sure she knows that 🙂

Nothing wrong with being disappointed etc. Its only beacuse you care/love her/want things to get better.

Hey @Lokison 

That does sound incredibly frustrating.  If you take the emotion out of it, why do you think she did it?

Being normal is often another way of saying "I want to be accepted" and I wonder if she has anxiety about if the treatments don't work or if the treatments work but she still does not fell accepted by her peers. 

I am not sure if you are aware of the circle of influence, but it may help you during this emotional time to focus are what you can influence for her in the short and long term and what's out of your influence, you keep that documented and delegate it to those people to make sure they do what they can for you. 

I hope that makes sense.  Look after yourself. Keep us informed when you can. 

She has just started distance education and hasn’t been at a bricks and mortar school for nearly 5 months, so she doesn’t really have any peers.
It was her reaction to exposure therapy for her OCD which triggered her outburst. All she wants is to get treatment and in same breath refuses it when it comes along.
We have been waiting so long for this one chance... not it is gone.

Hey @Lokison 

I am just reading about exposure therapy and it kinds of sounds like outbursts should be expected?

https://www.verywellmind.com/exposure-therapy-for-ocd-2510616

What did the treatment centre say post the outburst?  Is it just the period of time between the next treatment or did she do something where she is not invited back?  Or is there just an embarrassment there as well?  

@AussieRecharger 

It was an initial assessment, her stubbornness, unwillingness to let the clinician finish speaking combined with her outburst and swearing at him. He gave me other places to look for help. Basically said if she isn’t willing to try and won’t listen and understand then there is no point in engaging her in treatment at their clinic...

Sooo... yeah...

Thanks for painting the picture @Lokison 

Yeap.. i can totally understand that FFS now.  

In her own words, what does help mean to her? What does it look like, who brings it and how does she interact with it?

I would love to know if she has an answer.... 

Sending patience to you @Lokison , it sounds like your on a long and bumpy road. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance