Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

florencefifty
Senior Contributor

Dollar Bills and Dopamine.

...sounds like a good name for a song.

My family's on holiday at the moment, so I'm home alone for the weekend. I'm actually enjoying it.

I was going to go out, but I can't afford it 😭

I've got... let me see... $16.72 with four days to go until I get paid. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of food in the house, it's fine, but in terms of spending money I don't have much.

Then I realised, a lot of the things I do for happiness kind of involve money. I love going out for coffee, but that costs a fair bit of money. Buying new stationary, for example, is a little bit expensive. Going out to the office to work is fun, but that also means that you have to eat out, unless you want to bring your own food, which isn't super practical. That can get REALLY expensive.

I work a lot, and I'm going to get SOME SORT of overtime this week, but getting paid fornightly is annoying.

I'm OK, but I just thought it was an interesting observation.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Dollar Bills and Dopamine.

I went out to vote which was a free outing @florencefifty but I did spend $3 on a democracy sausage as it went to a good cause, the local school.

I wonder if any other country sells democracy sausages on Election Day.

I hope you find something interesting to do today.

Re: Dollar Bills and Dopamine.

You can make your lunch the night before and have it in the fridge to take to work. Eating out every day would cost quite a bit I would imagine @florencefifty Anyway you'll work something out hopefully as obviously your situation is not ageeing with you right now.  That way you would have the money you need

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance