Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

16sundayz
Contributor

Day Hospital or Day Group

The past 6 months I've been struggling with feelings and thoughts and emotions and especially in the last month things have gotten a lot worse. Could I please have some advice and recommendations for a therapeutic community in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne that's in the public system covered by medicare or is low cost as I'm unemployed. I could go to a day hospital program for a month or a few that has activties, group and individual counselling and chill time and then I'd be free to go back to my own home. My currently psychologist has suggested it and he is looking for such a place for me but could take a few weeks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Day Hospital or Day Group

@16sundayz  if you have public community teams they sometimes have day programs for free but they are not always structured and therapy based. some are just activity groups. if you want a "propper" day patient program then most of the decent ones are run through private clinics. so thanks to the capitalist society we live in you get what you pay for and sometimes the only way to get your needs met is by paying a lot. sadly this isnt an option for everyone. the other option may be some private charities sometimes run programs but again i am not sure of the types of groups you are needing. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance