Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: D.I.D....

Checking in @Smc 

Thinking of you here also @Smc 

Trust the changing borders have not negatively affected you. 

💜 @Smc ....

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Faith-and-Hope @Determined @Former-Member ...
Trip to see Hubby's parents went smoothly. Straight from our place to theirs with no stops on the way down, and got back to our regional "big town" before stopping on the way home. And that was only because we needed to buy dinner and some groceries. Glad we did it. His Mum in particular is getting frail.

@Determined, all our travels tend to be within state boundaries. Now that the metro area is on "stay at home" a trip down there would be unadvisable, but would still be do-able if absolutely necessary. If we needed to go to my parents' place, we'd be going from a region with no cases to one with very few, so unless they bring back statewide " stay home" rules, we're OK. But we're happy enough to spend as much time as possible at home. The fewer chances this visus gets to hitchhike, the better.

Found out after the trip that Older Daughter's surgical procedure is likely to happen in the next week or two. She'll want company before and after, I rang the hospital, and they're currently unfussed by our flying metro visit, but the time I can be there is likely to be limited... maybe only "after" or something, and fully suited up. Hoping that remains the case.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Former-Member.

Older Daughter's surgical procedure was going to happen last week, but has been delayed by a cold and subesquent coronavirus test. Test all clear, and she's seen a doctor today who has given his "all clear" to the hospital, so hopefully it'll be next week.

Since the hospital doesn't want any surplus people around at the moment, our responsibility is going to be limited to drop off and pick up. They've planned on keeping her in overnight, so she won't need a "competent adult supervisor" on discharge.

@Smc   🙏

@Smc  Thinking of you and trust all is as well as can be with daughter. 🙏

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Determined.
Surgery went ahead as planned yesterday, and all went well. There will be a bit of healing up time needed. She sounded reasonably good when she phoned yesterday afternoon, not sure how long they'll keep her in yet.

And after the 8:30 drop off, we did some shopping and then had a cuppa with our church minister. He's reasonably "new" to our church, so has been encouraging people to make cuppa catch up times as a way of getting to know each other better. He's previously worked as a nurse, so is a well-informed person when it comes to our Older Daughter's ups and downs.

Was nice having a cuppa out for the first time in months. Full hand sanitiser/conact details/social distancing in place, but nice anyway.

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Checking in @Smc 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance