Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: D.I.D....

@Smc đź™Ź extra prayers especially over the coming week/s 

@Smc  🙏 ..... sitting with you in prayer.

đź’ś

@Smc understand you are most likely away by now but juat wanted to leave a note to say thinking of you and praying for you and family during this difficult time. 🙏

Former-Member
Not applicable

images.jpeg

@Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member @Determined @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @outlander 

Hey Peoples. Support, prayers and thinking ofs all much appreciated.

Back home. Mum surprised the medical staff with how well she responded to the antibiotics, and was back in her aged care home room by Wednesday afternoon. But talking with the nurse at the home, it seems like the infection went from mild signs to looking serious very quickly. This may mean that her immune system hasn't got much resilience left in it? Dunno... I'm not an expert.

So she's OK now, don't know what happens next time she picks something up.

Meanwhile back at the ranch- while we were up there we got a few calls from Older Daughter. After so many false calls, it seems her latest "physical" ailments actually were. Smiley Frustrated Some small benign tumours on her kidneys were found a year or more ago while investigating something else that came up all clear. These types of tumours are normally at the very benign end of benign, usually asymptomatic, and usually they're left alone because removing them would do more harm than the tumours themselves... unless they grow rapidly and get big, then they become dangerous. Hers have grown rapidly and gotten big. So she will need a surgical procedure, but it sounds like it's minimally invasive. At the level where normally you'd go home that day. They're talking about keeping her in there for recovery time, and I really hope they do. If they sent her home, I would well and truly suspect she'd be returning by ambulance at some uncomfortable hour of the morning.

So her recent abdominal region pains etc. seem to be associated with her oversized "unwelcome guest". She was in emergency twice last night over it. We're still uncertain as to whether it really warranted it... so many false alarms, how on earth do we deal with a real condition??

And she's still very keen on moving house. We're saying she should get the surgery over and done with first.

Totally exhausted.

@Smc  continuing to pray. 🙏

@Smc  continuing to think of daughter and you + family. Trust all is as well as it can be. 

🙏

thinking of you lots today @Smc , sending prayers to you my friend Heart

Smc
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Shaz51 @Determined ....

Nothing particularly "different" as such... Older Daughter is continuing to turn up at emergency due to symptoms that would be what we'd expect with her current diagnosis, but we still have no idea whether they're really as severe as she perceives them to be, and thus whether the emergency ward is the appropriate place to go. Smiley Frustrated She's been put on the urgent 60 day surgery list.

Was my Dad's birthday today, so I phoned him up. His memory is getting hazier all the time, so the conversation went around in short loops, but it was a cheerful enough conversation, and I treated it as an opportunity to tell him several times over that we love him...:)

And we're making plans to do a one day trip down to Big-City-that's-in-partial-lockdown to visit Hubby's parents on Wednesday. We haven't seen them for ages, they're not in a hotspot, but we don't know it things will stay that way. So we'll try to do the trip without any stops en route, will only visit their house, and do another no-stops trip home. However, going down there is likely to disqualify me from being in an aged care home for two weeks- so prayers that my Mum and Dad will stay well for that time will be appreciated. I checked with my sister if she was OK with that, and she's in full agreement. And also we'll be praying and hoping that the government doesn't decide that the entire metropolitan area needs to be locked down before then.

@Smc  🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance