Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: D.I.D....

Continuing to think of you and family @Smc 

🙏

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Determined (and @Former-Member).

The pattern continues... I'm not sleeping very well at the moment.

Sorry to hear that @Smc 

Being stuck in that loop and the helpless feeling while watching is heart breaking. 

Will continue to 🙏 for your family. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thinking of you too @Smc . 

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you sleeping at present @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Mosty poorly, I'm afraid. 😕 Both Hubby and I slept well a couple of nights ago, but last night was back to the "restless" pattern.

Yesterday was a little messy. Older Daughter has had a gasto bug... seems as a result she hasn't been drinking enough, and she got dehydrated. She went into the hospital, we were in the "big town" for the morning, but got a call late morning from her asking if we could take her home when she was discharged. That stretched out late... "for the morning" ended up being until "well into the evening".
Could have been worse, but it's all stress...

I think I've got a touch of the same bug myself, but fairly mild. On and off nausea, but I'm able to get on with life  in between.

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

thM9LOJBJ2.jpg @Smc 

@Smc 

Thinking of you and family. 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Determined  and @outlander.

All fairly quiet for now. Sleep's still off and on, I was in and out a lot in the early hours of this morning. Petty anxieties while awake, odd dreams while asleep.

Older Daughter has been trying to make some plans for next year to do some short courses. So I've spent a bit of time trying to encourage the positive parts of that and discourage some associated ideas that would be likely to go pear shaped. Such as moving to a student share house. Unlikely to be wise, if she wasn't yet stable enough for supported housing.

sounds like abit of a rough night @Smc I hope your able to do some resting and get better sleep tonight.
its good your daughter wants to take those positive steps like studying but definently understand your concerns about moving into student shared houses. I hope that she decides to study but can see your side about moving into the shared place.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance