Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: D.I.D....

@Smc 

I guess I really don't know what to say either.

Smc
Senior Contributor

'S'ok @Former-Member. Just thanks for being here. It's not exactly the kind of thing we can unload about to just anyone.
We just got a call from Older Daughter, so she made it through the night.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Smc 

@Smc 

Thinking of you. 🙏

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Former-Member, @Determined.
It's one of those "no news is good news" stretches at the moment. Except we've stalled somewhat with the extra paperwork we need to do for Hubby's DSP application. Need to get that done sooner rather than later, but paperwork is hard to face at the best of times.

Younger Daughter was on the verge of pulling out of the school production due to feeling stressed, and I suspect, depressed. Among other things, I pointed out that it's something she's good at and has enjoyed in the past, and usually those are the kind of things people want to do. And so her wanting to pull out had me concerned.

Yay, she listened. 🙂 She came out of the latest rehearsal cheerful and cheeky. Both very good signs.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Centrelink paperwork = yikes @Smc . Had C'link cancel Mr D's application as they said requested paperwork not received, but did reinstate as we had provided it. I would have found it quite stressful having to start again from scratch.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Smc 

Thinking of you here also @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member, @Determined. Am ok-ish?

Still "all quiet" with Older Daughter, but methinks I'm getting that backlash of depression that comes when there's no crisis to overwhelm it. Meh. I've gotten myself out into the garden the last couple of days, but haven't really enjoyed it. Too sad and tired inside. Still, I'll keep reminding myself that I'll be thankful that I did later on when it all crops or flowers. (Chookie's burial spot has its larkspurs planted as of today.)

Played with the church music group this morning, but also feeling a bit flat there. But when you reach that point where you're just relaxing into the music and flowing with it, it's good, and I did get there. (Oddly, I suspect that's good for others too, because part of that is that you kind of lose yourself for a little bit, instead of being conscious that you're "performing".) I'd had weird dreams a couple of times recently that had me turning up at church and realising that I was meant to be playing but had forgotten my viola. For me, that's sort of tied up with feelings of both letting other people down, and missing out on something that I find fulfilling.

Younger Daughter had a day off school this week, also I suspect a backlash dose of depression. We'd sent her to school but she asked us to pick her up, finding it too hard being there. We insisted on doing it the "right way" and getting a student welfare staff member involved, so that gives Daughter the message that she needs to go through the right channels, that they are actually willing to listen to what's going on, and also lets them know that we want to work with them.

Ummm... Hubby's paperwork is all in, so now we wait and see.

I'm trying to get my head around another trip up to see my parents and house-sort. One week's time is a possibility. The house will be cold as, but there's a booked in trip up with my sister during July, and it would be good to sort and tidy a bit before then so that we've got room to move. We're starting to see some empty space up there, but a lot of it is at that awkward stage where there's half sorted piles and boxes everywhere.

@Smc  thinking of you and family. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance