Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: D.I.D.

Hugs @Smc

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc

Hearing you re: diagnosis. 

From my experience it pays to keep an open mind; clear and open communication around any diagnosis makes a huge difference. 

Thinking of you @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Hi @Determined@Former-Member@Shaz51... anyone else watching.

All fairly quiet on our front at the moment. But we found out last week that the appointment we were going to have this week with the local MHS has been delayed due to the psychiatrist being unexpectedly unavailable. Smiley Frustrated It'll be sometime next month now.
The appointment was originally going to be a couple of weeks ago, but Older Daughter had a bad pain day on the date that she was meant to have an appointment, and the only way they could see her before seeing us was to put her into our slot, and delay ours... so this is the second time it's been "bumped". Can't be helped, but really hope it does go through next time.

On a more positive note, we're expecting a visit from some old friends late next week. Best man, groomsman and friend who came to the rescue at the last minute on our wedding day when one of the hired tuxes was lacking its bow tie. Plus some of their family members. That'll give us a motivation to do some tidy up and stuff clearing!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Smc

Trust visitors have been enjoyable and adequate space found 😀.

How are things going with older daughter?

@Smc continue to think of you and family. Trust all is as well as can be. 

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member@Determined

The number of visitors ended up reducing to three, but yes, we found enough space and very much enjoyed their visit. 🙂

Older daughter had a bad night over the weekend for SI, but rang a couple of helplines and managed to hold back from acting on it. So we're again on semi-alert. She's got the stitches out and sling off from her last SH. She was saying yesterday that it still hurts, I was pointing out that for tendon damage, a year is a reasonable recovery time. She did seem positive about my suggestion to ask about good recovery exercises. And she's appreciating being able to use both her hands again.

Smc
Senior Contributor

Older Daughter had another bad night two nights ago. We found out when she rang us at bedtime last night. She'd needed repairs for SH with SI.
The hospital sent her home afterwards. No idea what the decision making process for that was, given the SI. I'm thinking that some of the MHS may see her as someone who "cries wolf". But given she rang us due to continuing destructive thoughts, we went to bed not knowing what the night would bring. I really didn't know if I shoud have offered to sleep at their place, but in the past that has been no guarantee of her safety.

She often ends up sleeping in if she's had a bad night, so if she was OK but resting I didn't want to ring her too early. By the time we'd finished lunch, I figured she would both be awake and still "with us", so rang her up to check in.

Thankfully she slept, and reasonably soundly. She rang a helpline when she woke up during the night.

I think she's out of danger for now, but it's no fun at this end waking up, not knowing if it will be a normal day, or if it will be a day spent visiting the hospital, or possibly making funeral plans... 😞

Hugs @Smc 😔

Sending thoughts and prayers. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc

Sending ever so gentle thoughts your way.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance