Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Completely Lost

Hi sorry I have been away I was in hospital but it was not helpful at all and kind of made things a lot worse which I guess isn’t unexpected considering my previous experiences with that hospital. 

Everything is too much I can’t even sit in my living room without feeling overwhelmed. I am still struggling to communicate I am trying I am but no one understands what I mean and then they think they do but they don’t and I feel like I am not speaking English to people anymore because they always say something weird or maybe I am not saying the words I think I am and something different is coming out. Either way people are still not understanding. I am trying so hard but I feel like any minute I am about to snap. I want to scream but I can’t I want to cry but I can’t I keep shaking cause I am scared all the time and I still can’t sleep and everything looks weird and feels weird and I am trying and no one is understanding me and I keep trying to “get help” before I can’t because I know soon I won’t be able to I can feel it coming again but worse than the last time and no one is understanding I feel trapped in my own body like I am screaming in there and no one can see or hear because outside I am sitting quietly and that is all they see. I am trying I just wanted 3 things only 3 and they aren’t big things only one is a little big but not something impossible just 3 things and I am trying so freaking hard to cling on in case  I can still have them but I know deep down I won’t get them I know deep down I am fighting for nothing fighting just so that I can lose I know this and yet I am still clinging but I don’t know if I can’t let go because I don’t know how or because it is the only thing keeping me in this world keeping me attached to anything. 1 day isn’t a long time for most people but 5 minutes is long for me 5 minutes is me pacing unable to sit, 5 minutes is me wincing because they keep hurting me, 5 minutes is me biting my nails until the bleed and not even realizing until it hurts. I can’t keep waiting and I can’t keep standing where I am. Nothing I am doing is working so I can’t fix this myself but no one will help and no one understands. 

But then what can I expect when this was all just a big trick a joke from the start I was never meant to be ok and they knew that do I go where they want and give up or are they having too much fun playing I am trying I try and make everyone else happy but I can’t and I try and I can’t even explain it here nothing I am so tired I am so freaking tired but not the kind of tired sleep or rest can fix. 

I am just so stressed and anxious and everything is too much all the time. I am hearing things a lot and I am struggling to do even basic tasks this will sound super gross but I haven’t been able to clean my room in like 5 months I was meant to be studying to keep up with stuff and I haven’t done any of that even typing is getting difficult I keep muddling up the letters like if I was dyslexic except I am not and never was unless you can develop it randomly I keep running out of clean clothes because I can’t keep up with my washing, I can only manage to brush my teeth once a day, I feel like a horrible person because I am supposed to be doing more for my pets and honestly if it weren’t for my mother helping I would have had to give them up because I am not able to look after them properly which I hate and makes me feel so horrible because I love them so much and they deserve so so so much more and I feel like I am running their lives. But I pretty much can’t even look after myself and everyone on the outside seems to think I am fine because I look “ok” I seem like these things aren’t so hard and it isn’t a motivation or depression thing it is like I can’t organize my head around doing even small things. These things I type here take me so long everything takes me so so long. I feel like my mind is melting and I keep pacing and stopping in the middle of things and I am just struggling so so much and no one sees it even my parents don’t see the full extent no one does cause I hide it cause I am embarrassed and don’t have the energy to explain it to people. Plus I am scared they will realize and stop me from being able to do independent things altogether. 

I feel like my worlds are melting together and I am so scared all the time because I genuinely don’t think anyone here is human and I also think everyone is trying to hurt me and that I am being watched constantly and that a group of deities is trying to make me do things so they can sacrifice me and eat my soul and I am so tired and everything looks wrong the walls move the ground moves, peoples faces change, even the shadow people look weird, everything is crumbling and I am trying so hard to keep looking normal but I nearly curled up in a ball and screamed in the Woolworths yesterday and it is even getting hard to keep up with a short conversation. I honestly don’t know what to do, the hospital won’t listen, the crisis team won’t listen, I can’t seem to make my psychiatrist understand even if he is trying it is too slow, my psychologist is still new and I am not sure if I can tell them and if they will understand because they already haven’t understood a few things and I am trying but I am not able to stop this and I don’t know how to fix this. 

I am really sorry this this is so long. I guess I am not expecting anyone to know how to fix anything I just feel really lost and emotionally exhausted and I don’t even know what to do. 

96 REPLIES 96

Re: Completely Lost

Im sorry to hear things have been so tough for you recently @Eden1919 and that you havent felt heard or understood properly. Im sitting here with you tonight, and I am worried about you because I can hear things are very distressing at the moment.

I know its been really hard but please keep reaching out for support when you need and know that the forum members including me are here for you and thinking of you. 

@Eden1919  I can hear how hard it is for you .

I don’t know if this is helpful, but sometimes , we just need someone to sit with us, be with us, nothing else, just accept us as we are.

Sitting with you @Eden1919 . 💞💞

Oh @Eden1919  i am sitting here with you... holding your hand ... I know it's not much... but I hope it helps 

@Maggie  @Lostandalone  thank you. 

@Dancer9  I keep trying but I genuinely don’t think there is anyone left who I can “reach out” too. I have been trying for months now and no one is understanding no one and I am exhausted and I don’t think there is anyone left to try at least not where I live i have genuinely exhausted all of my options. But I guess I should have expected this idk why I have even tried to begin with they are always right, everything is a mess and it is all my fault. 

Hey @Eden1919 

I'm hearing so much overwhelm at the moment. Sorry you are in that place and you don't feel like you have people you can reach out to offline or that they don't understand. 

We hope you feel the forum is a place you can continue to reach out on. We are here to support you and to sit with you through all of this Heart

Hi @Eden1919,

Do you remember when and how this started? I was referring to hearing and seeing things. What was that first event that resulted in you suffering this much trauma? 

I have been through similar trauma so I understand your situation. In my case what helps me is trying to be as close to my previous healthy self as possible. I used to be an outdoor active person, so I would intentionally engage myself in outdoor physical activities as much as possible. Getting active helps me reduce anxiety, while sitting around at home doing nothing will aggravate the situation further and I would get lost for days.

Focus on the real people in your life and disengage from the "spirit" world at all time. Never be alone, always surround yourself with people who care for you. If communication ends up in futile, just sing and dance or watch funny movie together, whatever it takes for distraction. I find this helps cut off the voices and seeing things and that's the main goal. There is no need to understand the voices and hallucinations, it's best to just ignore altogether and make sure they vanish completely.

To be honest, I still have this while asleep or during awakening hours, but I will just try to forget as much as possible and focus on real day to day tasks/duties once I get out of bed. 

Hope you get better! Smiley Happy

@Eden1919  It’s not your fault. Honestly sweetheart, it’s not. I just want to let you know I’m still sitting with. 💞💞💞

@Lilaca  I have been like this my whole life it started when I was very little and never fully went away. I try and disengage as much as I can but I can’t completely and I don’t know why and no matter what I do I somehow always end up back there like every road I take takes me back to that world and back to them no matter how are I try to carve a new path it all leads back to where I started. 

I really don’t know what to do I saw my psychologist again and I really don’t think they understand me at all I am so exhausted of trying to explain things to them and them not getting it and I just can’t keep doing that I am so tired I want to cry and scream and everything is too much all the time and I am trying so hard constantly but I genuinely don’t think anything can help with this and I am just I can’t take this I can’t I don’t know what to do no one will listen and even if they listen they aren’t really hearing me and I even tried giving them a note and everything is just such a huge mess and I just I can’t I am not everything is not. I just don’t feel like I can stop what is coming and I know it is bad I can feel it and the deities keep telling me about and I know they are right like always and I know it is coming but I can’t stop it even if I try with all the strength I have I can’t stop it and I am scared and I just I can’t explain to people and well they aren’t even people and I don’t really need to explain because they already know they are just pretending and this is all my fault I should never have I just I should have done what they asked before. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance