Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Access
Contributor

Common themes that I find people have with the depressive state of schizophrenia

People do not want to associate with you because you are experiencing negative emotions such as fear and worthlessness.

People isolate you because you have loss of interest in the things that were once common to your life.

People are not educated to intervene in a person's experience of depression and therefore avoid the person.

People are scared if they say something out of place to the person suffering depression, they may harm others, themselves or suicide.

Has anyone else had some of these common factors contribute to what feels like bias against a self being as well as they can be. Sometimes I think I’m doing real well and the actions of others just strips any integrity I have with my situation. #happierdays

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Common themes that I find people have with the depressive state of schizophrenia

Yes I find that people are less likely to look at you or talk to you if you have exacerbations of the illness. If i am uncomfortable or look weird it can have negative effects.

The first one is big as i think people can pick up on the emotions of fear and isolation. It was interesting to read this and start you thinking.

I wonder about people that are less likely to associate with you due to these things.

@Access 

Re: Common themes that I find people have with the depressive state of schizophrenia

Hi Access

Yes, sadly i have experienced this more than once. Even from my children... this makes my heart bleed.

CKS

@Access @silverspoon @Everan Hey,I think it is true, people tend to avoid others who appear to be in low mood, discomfort, isolation or fragile. That may be why I have not be able to have normal relationships or anything deeper. But we can only do best we can. Such is life, I guess.

@Meowmy @Access @silverspoon @Everan  Yes, I experience this, like people think it’s contagious or something. Sad reality.

@Maggie Hey Maggie, people just want to avoid possible problems and potential difficult situations. We just have to keep doositive things and support each other. Take care.

@Meowmy  💜💕💜💕

Hi @Everan @Maggie @Meowmy @silverspoon 

I know I'm not alone, thanks for your support. With mental illness comes a poverty of the self. I embrace you all for sharing and I'm sending out the love. I hope it reaches you.

XX Access

@Access  💕💕💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance