Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Hey @WIP !

Sorry I have been MIA the last two days - just inundated with work (enjoyable though). Working from home makes days and time blend into each other so that it disappears only to quickly. I love being busy. It means I don't get up to mischief.

I downloaded an awesome app - 'smiling mind'. I hate meditation but after understanding the science behind it and that you can change your brain, i've been giving it a go. It has definitely been easier for me to drop to sleep. I'm going to try it for about a month to see if there are any significant differences. I am much more open to mindfulness and meditation now.

@WIP , I know you have mentioned some challenges, but can you also name some achievements? Even something simple. Did you take Levi to the dog park?

Looking to hear from you,

BPDSurvivor

Morning @BPDSurvivor 

Nice to hear from you. Sounds as though you've been very busy. I was ready an article in the Age about people working from home, and how their days are getting longer & longer with meetings etc.  I used to love being busy too. I would always get so much more work done if I decided to avoid the office one day and WFH. 

I've downloaded the smiling mind app, along with the Calm app, but haven't tried either of them. Keep me posted on how you go with smiling mind. I'm not very good at meditation, I find my mind just wanders too easily. Being honest, I haven't given meditation a real good go, and from what I've even told is you have to be persistent with it.

Ive taken Levi to the park or walked him each day this week (apart from y'day) .....just to cold & wet.

I've just ordered this cool puzzle from the 'Melbourne I love you' website, but I don't expect it to arrive until next month. I need to find some things to do, now that I'm feeling less unstable/irrational since stopping the awful MAOI tablet & have been ok since starting the SSRI on Wed - no side effects I mean. 
I'm having a look on the coursera website to see if there's some courses that might help boost skills with my career. By the time I get a job, I could have been out of the workforce for 18-24months - which is a big gap to explain to a potential employee. Showing that I spent some time upskilling may help. Unless I find another course topic that interests me personally. 

Are you up to much over the weekend. Or taking it easy after a busy working week? Either way, I hope you have a good one.

WIP

Wow @WIP !

It all sounds great! I think it's a fantastic idea you look into courses. Also, many tertiary education service have accessibility options which support you if you have health issues etc. They are usually quite inclusive and considering this current pandemic, there is a lot of consideration including financial (if it applies).

Also, the puzzles sound awesome! Take a snapshot when you get it! You can share your progress with us.

It's also fantastic to hear you were able to take Levi out most days. I think that is a huge achievement considering the coldness of the weather in Melbourne. 

Keep us in the loop!

BPDSurvivor

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

How are you going? Hope you are enjoying your weekend, after such a busy week.

I've tried looking into courses on the website I mentioned, but my concentration just isn't there and I find myself getting upset that I can't even decide on something. Then I found out they hook you in with a 7 day free trial and you have to pay a monthly price after that. 

I haven't been travelling too well the past few days tbh. This lockdown while changing meds is a real challenge. Some mornings I wake with good intentions, but they fade really quickly and I find myself just battling through to survive the day. I'm stuck! And it's not a nice feeling.

Thanks for listening.

@BPDSurvivor @Zoe7 

Hi @WIP , I was pleased to read you had no side effects yet with the new med...is that still the case? I'm sorry though that you've been struggling...sending wishes for strength and hope to get you through this period of lockdown plus waiting for the meds to kick in.

Thank you for your wishes of strength and hope, I gratefully accept them @NatureLover 

No nasty side effects from this new AD, which is what I expected, since I have taken it years ago. Just have to wait for it to kick it - if it does, that is. I've got treatment resistant major depressive disorder, so generally require another med to augmentate the baseline AD.  Have to wait a few weeks to see what my psych decides on that.

Just wish I wasn't so down and sad. Feeling very hopeless and the uncertainty of the restrictions just adds to my anxiety and over all depressive feelings.

Thanks very much @NatureLover for your note. It does help having some online support. 

I hope you are travelling along ok. x

@WIP Hugs and hugs Hon 💖💖💖

@WIP  I'm sorry to read that your depression is treatment resistant. 😞 And I didn't realise you will need to start another med too, down the track. 

I so hope that your sad, hopeless feelings start to ease soon. 

It's really good to see all the support you have here 🙂

@NatureLover  Yeah. I'm a difficult one to treat....

I won't be doing ECT again that's for sure!, so have to find the right cocktail of medication in addition with an approprite psychologist. 

It's a tough road I'm on, that's why it's easy for me to feel so hopeless.

I really appreciate the support I have here, I feel much less alone when someone answers my post, so thank you @NatureLover  😊💖

You're welcome, and I agree with you about feeling less alone when someone answers your posts, @WIP 

Good luck with finding a psychologist, I hope it doesn't take very long...

I agree, you're on a tough road. Sending you care and hopeful thoughts, @WIP . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance