Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Can someone help me

Things have been a bit busy and rocky for me @Pepsimax, but getting through it and I am now enjoying the end of the week feelings thanks ☺

That's good news @Pepsimax can be a tough ride at times.

Hi @Pepsimax. Thinking of you and hoping you've had a good weekend.

I've had a sh#t time worried about money nothing goes right

Nothing ever goes right

@Pepsimax I just saw your post. Sorry you are having money problems and life is tough. Just dropping off a wave. Im heading to bed or at least try to get some rest.

Thanks @Maggie have a good sleep/rest

Wish life was easy

Hi @Pepsimax .....

I am settling in but I will be around for a little while yet.

When I was just starting out, my Mum taught me a money management system called “Moneybags”.  It’s when you take the money you have for the week and you divide it up into different envelopes to pay for different things, like petrol or bus fares, the lawn mowing guy, a gift you need to buy, food shopping, going to a movie, etc.  

If you don’t end up using the money for what it was supposed to be for, then that envelope gets pushed over to the next week,  Some envelopes are for once a fortnight or once a month things, like the lawn mowing guy, or rent.

It makes you think ahead a bit, and control what you’re spending cos putting the money into the envelopes is like it is already spent, but it’s gone on all the necessary stuff first.

You can get apps that do this for you now I think, but it can be good to deal with the actual notes and envelopes.

Sounds like a good idea @Faith-and-Hope I will try this how was your day
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance