Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Bipolar 1 vs schizophrenia

@greenpea  the way i understand it is that with Bipolar 1 you shouldnt have psychotic symptoms unless you are in a mood episode and that the psychosis is a result of the mood but that the psychosis only comes when you are manic or depressed or mixed but NOT when your mood is stable. 

Shcizoaffective is when you have mood symptoms found in Bipolar but you experience psychosis OUTSIDE of a mood episode ASWELL as when you are in a mood episode.

and Schizophrenia is when you have psychosis for a period of time longer than 6 months consistently and you can have mood symptoms in schizophrenia but the mood is driven by the psychosis where as it is the other way around in Bipolar. so Schizophrenia means the mood is caused by psychosis and Bipolar 1 with psychotic features is the psychosis is caused by the mood. 

it also has to do with the length of time you experience different symptoms. I hope this made sense if i could draw a huge chart i would but anyway hopefully that helps. 

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 and a big thank you for explaining it so well for me. At last I truly get it and it makes sense now that the doc has given me the diagnosis. Thanks muchly. Take care peaxxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@greenpea 

Saw this and thought of you.images - 2020-07-16T214703.027.jpeg

@Former-Member  I always look forward to your pics :).  A big thank you in advance. xxx

@Former-Member  Love it! xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance