Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Back from therapy.

Hi, I have been on the last few days talking about being suicidal and threatening to end therapy, etc.  I saw my therapist tonight.  He doesn't seem to be willing to give up on me or realize that I am a hopeless case.  He's not afraid of my being angry or depressed or suicidal and he will argue with me repeatedly until something changes about how ugly and fat I think I am.  I don't know how to feel about this, grateful, relieved, angry...just confused and exhausted.  I've had a hell of a week, two exams and an essay (posted 15 min ago), five day migraine, hormonal and my aunt died last week...apart from all the psych issues that were brought up the previous session.  I'm going to have a sleep and come back tomorrow to respond individually to people who were kind enough to respond in my posts.  I can't say my suicidal feelings are gone, but I am feeling more stable tonight than I have felt in a week. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Back from therapy.

Hi @Lemonjuice,

So glad to hear that you have such a suportive therapist. This is the care that you deserve. And they are right, you are not ugly! Nobody is, in my opinion. Though it can certainly be easy to feel that way about our appearance when we are struggling to appreaciate our insides.

Well done also on getting through your uni commitments, inspite of everything that's been going on. Glad to have you still here with us.

All the best,

Chamomile.

Hi @Lemonjuice sounds like you have a very caring and supportive therapist. And sounds like he’s not going to give up on you because you deserve it, you deserve to live. 

Hugs and love to you ❤️❤️🤗

Thanks for sharing this @Lemonjuice - sometimes we can too easily skim past these moments of feeling a bit "better"/stable, so it's so nice to see you take a moment to reflect on it for yourself - and share it with us. Hold on/remember this moment when you need it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance