Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Annoyed with myself.

We are all here for you @Chris

Isn't it good that you are caring for you.

Care and Compassion for you @Chris

take care 

Anne 

yes caring for myself is not something that i was doing for a long time. It seems to be that this change has taken place 

. Actually asking for help. Letting someone  know i need help, not so afraid of being rejected. Yes a whole new learning curve. Ive opened up more on this forum, and i am so grateful for the responces and support i have been recieving. It make me feel like someone really cares about me.

I have never felt worthy of being cared for. I have always been the carer, still am in that roll, and that's ok..

I think this psychco dynamic group has been helping alot. I think i said a few days ago my psychiatrist said that is what has helped me the most so far, and to keep going for  second round. We have a two week break before the next round starts. There are three of us that are doing a second round. 

I find it very hard to see the changes , even when someone points them out. Its like i need them to right it down so i can keep looking at it ,to become more aware of the changes.i kind of go blank like its too much for my brain to handle.

I heard it explained like this. Imagine a fluorescent light globe. It flickers once then stops. Flickers again

The flickers closer together, then it stays on. So awareness and change. Bottom line us it takes time and patience. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm so sorry @Chris - sending my condolences. You are such a strong amazing person. I'm glad you are taking time to look after yourself on Sunday, thinking of you
Lj

Thanks lisjane. I think  this tread has come full circle with a big side track..

So i am going to close this thread as i dont think have anything else to say on either matter. 

Thank you to everyone for your posts of encouragement  and kind words.

You will see me elsewhere on the forum in the days/weeks ahead.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance