Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Yep @Zoe7 , day at school, day off, day at school, weekend!! Crazy.

Still having lots of trouble with si and sh. My pdoc wants me to go into hospital. Still deciding whether I go in or not.

I personally think it is a good option for you @Snowie considering this has been going on for you for some time now and we both know how hard it has been to get through some days. You made it to the family holiday and seem to actually had a good time - your kids certainly seem to and that is what you wanted for them - now time to look after you too Hon. Heart

@Boonana Doesn't take me long to go to the shop - it is pretty close - so back now Smiley Very Happy

hugs @Boonana  HeartHeart

@Zoe7 have you been sexually harassed?

My history in that regard is a bit more complex than that Hon - lots of abuse in my past so sexual harassment is just one very small component of that @Boonana So yes I do know how hard it is to deal with but those flashbacks you are having but you are safe now and that is important to know.

Do you ever get scared it will happen again? I always do.. that’s part of my social anxiety.. I don’t want to be touched like that ever 😩 most times just going out in public I get scared I’ll be abused. How do you deal with it @Zoe7?

I have had a lot of help to put strategies in place to be able to deal with it the best I can @Boonana There are still times that I feel that fear but on the whole now I can leave the past in the past. One of the most important things for me was to realise that I am infact safe now - those people in my past are far away from me and can only continue to do damage if I let them - that takes a lot of retraining your own brain - knowing that although the future is not certain, for now I am in a safe place where I feel comfortable being. It was by no means an easy road for me to get here though - it took a lot of therapy and changes in the way I looked at things. I guess for you it is also about finding that safe place where you can also work through some of those thoughts - it is not easy - I am not going to pretend it is - but it is possible to get a place where you find more peace within yourself and also within the world around you.

@Zoe7 you don’t have to tell me this if you’re uncomfortable sharing but what strategies did you find helpful? Are there any that you think would be helpful for me?
It’s only been like a month from when he done it do me and I’m still quite traumatised..

Have you spoken to your counsellor about this @Boonana? It is not something you need to go through on your own.

@Zoe7 no I haven’t really told anyone about it.. it’s really embarrassing.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance