Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Tendons take longer to heal @Shaz51 so hoping it isn't for Mr. Shaz but knowing is better than not knowing. 

I am heading off for the night @Shaz51 Need to get resdy for bed myself - hope you sleep well my sister Heart

Is anybody still out there?! @Zoe7@Shaz51@BlueBay@Flying_Hams

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sam3 ... Is everything okay?

Thanks @Former-Member for your reply. I hope you, your husband & Holly are ok. I’m just tired of being me & living with this overthinking brain. I’ve got a headache from working at computer on a job application but that’s not the major issue. I’m mainly concerned about occupying my brain & body now & when I’m unemployed in 2 weeks as well as the impending medication changes/additions due to a recently diagnosed thyroid problem (it’s possbly due to medication which therefore may need to be changed/augmented with another antidepressant). I guess I just have to accept my brain & just work on a moment-by-moment approach 

Hi @Sam3

I’m sorry I wasn’t around last night. I had an early night. I hope you’re ok this mirning. 

Just read your reply to @Former-Member 

and I’m in thyroid medication. You’ll be ok once on meds. It just means another medication. 

I hope you have a better day tiday. ❤️

Thanks for your reply @BlueBay & hope you have a good day too. Did you feel better (including mood) once on thyroid medication? I’ve got same headache I had last night & need to get an early start at work due to GP appointment in middle of day. How do you manage your brain if it’s constantly thinking?! Take care everyone @BlueBay@Zoe7@Former-Member@Shaz51@Flying_Hams

sorry @Sam3, @Zoe7, @BlueBay, @Former-Member, @Flying_Hams about last night , was sooo tired

sending you all hugs for today and walking with you xoxo

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sam3 - I ended up going to bed just before midnight, so didnt get your subsequent reply until this morning. Sorry about that. You are certainly dealing with a lot right now. I know very little about thyroid problems other than that you can have hyper or hypo thyroidism. I guess the symptoms of both are somewhat different. Hopefully a change in ADs can help the problems associated. I see you'd be off to work by now and that you have an apt with your GP. I hope your GP can help with all those questions you currently have. I will talk to you this evening hopefully. You asked how I, hubby and Holly all are. Holly is great, the delightful little doggie that she is. Hubby is not very well, the new medications he has just commenced is having some bad side effects. Hopefully they will settle over coming days. Me ... I am so/so I guess. Taking each day as it comes.

Good morning @BlueBay and @Shaz51, I see you are both up and around this morning. Its raining here, lovely to wake up to.

Hi @Zoe7 - What plans for you today my friend?

Sherry 🌸

Hope you GP appointment goes okay @Sam3. It has taken meds, sleeping and lots of time and practice to stop thinking so much. You are going through quite a lot at the moment so it is quite natural that you will be overthinking things. Try dealing with each thought in isolation and then putting it aside once you have dealt with it. Sometimes dealing with it means saying that you can't do anything about it right now but you are acknowledging the thought is there but it is not the time to deal with it. This does take practice to do and is not always possible when those feelings are so strong - tht is when distraction comes in handy - do something you enjoy, something that refocuses your mind in s positive way - could be as simple as a cuppa. I have Toby cuddles at those times as that takes my focus away from my thoughts and gives me a little heartlift also. It doesn't have to be for long - just enough to refocus our minds and get through those unwanted thoughts.

@Shaz51 Hope you slept well and work this morning is not too hard on you Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance