Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Well done @Zoe7. I’m glad you survived the day, really glad hr meeting went ok. You’re getting there step by step. 

Ill be crossing everything that you get a place sooner rather than later. Will you try part time or does it have to be full time? 

Im channeling some @Faith-and-Hope (I’m so sorry I can’t tag you at the moment, I’ve been really struggling for it to bring up your name, I know you’ll read this though 💜🤗).

for you Zoe, from F&H and me.......taking the opportunity to post on her behalf and she can’t stop me 😘😝💜.......I know she loves paper quilling art. 

BEA1A427-6A61-4D9A-AB09-1B5EA4E13691.jpeg8FC53140-3DE4-4B66-9540-E3A967A46A62.jpeg

That she does @Teej and I am sure she will be happy that you are posting on her behalf too - missing my buddy a lot Smiley Sad It is strange coming on here and not chatting to her each day - feeling that empty feeling a bit but so lovely of you and others to help me stay connected here. 

I will ideally work 4 days - with Wednesdays off - I haven't had that conversation with HR but I need to call payroll tomorrow so I suspect I will have to call HR about my pay as well - can have a further conversation with her then. If I can have Wednesday off work then I can keep up with DBT and all my appointments on that day. Itn will mean a break in the week for me also - so hope that can be arranged at least for term 1 and then we can re-evaluate after that as to how I am coping.

That sounds like a really good plan @Zoe7 re work. Hopefully payroll will be straight forward and that it works out with hr as well.

I’m missing F & H  too. I knew I would, it’s the little things really. You are doing well and I know it’s been sooooo good to be able to feel her presence. It must be weird for her feeling like she is watching it all but can’t communicate. That would drive me crazy...ier.

im glad for you that members are helping out supporting you through this. 

Hugs from me 

451D557E-CF6C-4DEC-96E8-4DE32F8DFD7E.jpeg

I do know that there are many here that miss her presence too @Teej  including yourself. Our @Faith-and-Hope is one special lady and we all miss her compassion and wisdom around here. I know this time will go quickly but right now it does feel a little lonely in my world - thank goodness for all you lovely people helping me get through all this but it must be so much harder for her - not being able to post and chat to help her get through as well - and I need to remember that she is only a support button away and that connection is still there ....for all of us. 

Your hugs are very much appreciated @Teej and plenty of hugs back to you too - only 2 months Hon - we can do this Smiley Very HappyHeart

Evening @Zoe7 and everyone 👋 Just calling by to say well done on getting through another day of it Zoe. Your persistence with all of this is inspiring and has been really great to see. Good to hear the meeting went OK and that you're still feeling like your decision to move is right even though it's scary and uncertain. Getting away from what has become a toxic work environment is a very wise move! Counting down the days until school ends with you.

Go you Zoe 💙

Thank you CB - I think it is the right move - I have been at that school for over 10 years all up so it is scary leaving something I know so well but I can't stay in that type of work environment and the principal has made it very clear in her actions (and some of her words) that it is not a good environment for me with people knowing some of my history. There is definitely prejudice attached to that and not something I can work around @CheerBear so I really do think this is the right move for me. As F&H often says - we don't know what opportunities will open up but hoping that moving forward I can find my feet at another school.

How are you and your LF - have they settled down a bit more today. Less than 2 weeks left f school so I suspect they are climbing the walls a bit too - most kids are by this time of year.

well done @Zoe7 Heart

love the butterflies @Teej Heart

hello @CheerBear, @BlueBay, @Sans911

Getting away from what has become a toxic work environment is a very wise move my sister xx

@Faith-and-HopeHeartHeart

I think so too @Shaz51 The principal today agreed that me moving on would be good for me as I could start fresh somewhere else - I did say that I valued confidentiality and that that had been broken at this school - so I hope she heard that!

I feel for you being in the position you're in where leaving the school you've been at for so long is the better option for you @Zoe7. It's not fair that people knowing your history has had such an impact. Fresh start, although it may be scary, sounds really great and I agree with F&H (waving hi and missing you too 💕).

Theyre a little more chill today thanks, but yes the crew are climbing walls as they tend to do this time of the year. I was just saying to someone that I can see it getting easier as they're getting older though. Still lttlest is a bouncy ball of hyper at the moment, middle is tired and in need of down time, and big is head exploding excited and nervous about all things next school. I am looking forward to the year ending and having a quieter few weeks after Christmas with them, then sending them all back and getting on with my not-kid related stuff! 😁

Hiya @Shaz51

It is sad when how I was 2 years ago is still being brought up @CheerBear I am not a different person through all this but I have come out the other side in a better place (getting there anyway). It is frustrating that I have done all this work to get to this place and old 'stuff' is front and centre - just goes to show how unaware of MI some people are ...and quite frankly these people shouldn't be in the positions they are with the prejudice they seem to hold. It makes it even harder when they were once a so-called friend - certainly is a further kick to deal with. I can only move forward with my dignity intact and see what the future holds. I am still going to look for other work as well but this new start may be just what I need to put that search on hold - can only wait and see what happens and where I am sent.

I suspected the kids would be a bit ratty at this time of year but it will be nice to get christmas over and done with and then settle into some relaxing activities with the kids. Before you know it they will be back at school - I bet big is super excited but also nervous about the new school but if they are anything like their mum then they will deal with it well. Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance