Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I hope you arrived safely and are settling back in before you take off again to see your dad @Faith-and-Hope. I am exhausted today and can barely keep my eyes open so am going to have an early night. Hope to catch you tomorrow at some stage Hon. Love and hugs to you Heart

I am with my Dad @Zoe7 😊

Goodnight.  Sleep well.  Chat tomorrow .....

💐🦋💕

Morning @Zoe7 @Former-Member @outlander @greenpea @Flying_Hams @Former-Member @oceangirl @Maggie @BlueBay  .... anyone else around 👋💕

Goodmorning @Faith-and-Hope Hope you had a good sleep - I slept nearly 8 hours - I really needed a night without nightmares and broken sleep so Iam really happy that I got that last night. I am still feeling tired but hoping I pick up a bit more throughout the day.

Do you have anything planned with yoiu Dad today or is it just a day to chill snd take it as it comes?

Hi @Zoe7 .... so glad you got that beautiful dose of sleep in there .... yay 🎉 ... it’s so important for your recovery.

Going for a beach-walk after breakfast at the beach where my Dad goes to swim, although there is one near here where the girls and I might go later.

D1 arrives today for an overnighter, so we have to pick her up in the middle of the day, and drop her back at the station tomorrow.

We will all go to church in the morning, but my family cuphurch is way different to the one we go to, so that is gonna be an eye-opener for one of them.  D1 and D2 have been before, D3 not.  My sister will join us, for a while.

There is a neighbour who keeps an eye on Dad and is a real support and friend to him, so we will have dinner with him at some stage too.

So .... in between all that will be chill time and we can see where that takes us ... or not ....

You seem to have a couple of very full days planned so those down times you can relax with your Dad and daughters will be just as important as the planned things @Faith-and-Hope.

I have a Toby story for you from yesterday... I was on my way to my sister's place and the naughty little boy spied some kids walking towards us - he ran up the footpath to meet them (despite being told to stay) I finally caught up with him but tripped over the edge of the footpath - it really didn't do my back any good - I did keep hold of Toby though! I managed to hobble back to the car and put Toby in the front seat (that is where he sits) but couldn't go to my sister's - had to go back inside and lay down. Toby was sitting in the car like everything was ok - then he ran straight to the front door when I put him back down on the ground - little bugger stayed in the car until I got him out Smiley FrustratedSo the upshot of all that is that I am very sore again and I didn't get to my sister's place. I may try to go and visit her again tomorrow but today is definitely another rest day!

Oh no @Zoe7 ...... that little loveable rascal !!

I hope you are okay with the rest today, and I am sorry you didn’t get to your sister’s place.

I have to go get my girls up and breakfasted .... they can’t be on their own time today, and still get these first two things in .... breakfast and beach .....

Toby is a rascal and I was not happy with him but then when he realised we were not going anywhere he was s good boy and ran inside - hard to be upset with him when he is so adorable lol

I am going to have another day of watching footy and resting - definitely need the pain meds today - feel a bit like I am falling apart again here but taking it hour by hour and concentrating on the things I can control - hopefully that helps ease the pain and keeps me grounded today.

I hope you have a great day today at the beach with your Dad and girls - will need a photo later please if you can manage it @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Tongue

Won’t be long at the beach @Zoe7, because none of us have the right skin for it .... but a short stint will be lovely.

Yes .... hour by hour when the going is so rough.  Will be thinking of you and the beach images I carry in my head ..... and imagine a little white fluff-ball tearing across the sand .... lol

Stay warm and rested, and get better quickly ❣️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance