Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Former-Member You don't need to support anyone here Hon - if you are the one that needs support then we are here for you. I know we often feel selfish for asking for help but that is exactly what we are here for and you just as anyone deserves that support. You don't even need to post about all the things that are getting you down at present - sometimes just a hello (or a peek a boo) is enough.

I am hearing how difficult life is for you at present and although I wish it was different for you I also know you have the strength and courage to get through it. It is certainly very hard to think of ourselves in these terms when things are not going well but I do believe you can get through this Hon and I hope you can find a little more energy to do so.

Very much thinking of you and your daughter and sending you the warmest hugs and much love ...and of course support whenever you need it too Heart

Ok last daily work update for this week @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sans911 @LFS @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Snowie @Teej @CheerBear @Owlunar @eth @Adge @Appleblossom and all following along...

This morning was great - did some cooking in the 1/2 class - basically the kids cut up pieces of apple and then I cooked it up to make Apple Sauce. The kids were all really excited and took turns very well - it was a real pleasure to see then all working so well together. The teacher called me her guardian angel as she would not have been able to do it without me there - that made me feel really lovely.

Had a recess duty and all the kids seemed really happy today - that made it a nice duty to have. The kids really are well behaved - it is so different to my old school where we would be dealing with a handful of incidents in the playground at once.

After recess was doing the framing for the papier mache animals. There wasn't enough wire there so I brought the echidna I started home to finish it off this weekend. I have plenty of chicken wire at home I can use and the teacher of the class is going to purchase some more.

Played with the preps this afternoon and actually enjoyed that. They were very happy to have a lot of construction things and water play things to play with. It is important for them at that age to learn to play together and the Friday afternoon is the perfect time as they are all generally really tired by that stage of the week but play together really well still.

It is no secret I am loving this school. I was asked today by one teacher if I was there all year and I had to say at this stage only for 2 terms. She pulled a sad face and commented that that was a shame - hopefully it can be extended but I need to continue to work as if it is only 2 terms and then see what happens. I do know I will be sad to leave this school when that time does come Smiley Sad

So glad for you @Zoe7 

Heart

There really are different cultures in different schools and its not even about neighbourhood, state, religious, private.  They are all "systems" and there are layers of systems ...

It was no surprise when the closest state school to us closed down.  It was the school my son rejected in Grade 5 cos of visible playground incidents when we visited.  Years later a principal was done for fraud and a few more years later they closed it. It is a difficult area and that does make things tough all round etc.  

Not sure whether it is chicken or egg ... but it matters.  

CHeers

Former-Member
Not applicable

It’s so good that things are going well for you @Zoe7  You very much deserve it. 

I don’t see how my health will improve. Not positive, but reality is, I can’t see circumstances changing for me. 

I feel like it’s out of my control what happens here irl. 

If I could change something, I would. 

D’s health, being one of them. 

Life throws “too hard” things at me and I don’t get a chance to “stand”. 

When I try and have a break off prn or sleep meds. Along comes something and knocks me right back down again. I managed a week break off prn. Back on them again. Grrr. They make me soooooo tired. 

Anyway, enough whinging.

Same old story really. No family or friends. Was hoping for improvement in my health so I could make an effort to make new friends. Zero energy left for that. I’m used to it now though. Need to be strong to try relationships with people. 

Im raving on here. 

I think I need a rest now. Just home from appointment for d, plus other appointments. 

I hope you have a nice restful weekend. 

Definitely nice to hear how well it’s going for you. 👍

💜💖🌷

And @Former-Member   I’m so sorry I haven’t been around for you. 

Wish I had words to say, but I’m sooo tired. I hope you’re ok. You mentioned to tag you anytime. So, just saying, hi and 💜💖💜💖💜💖. Take care.

Lol @Zoe7 nice work!

@Appleblossom  You are right that there are different cultures in different areas and with different schools. The sad thing is that my old school was beginning to turn around some of the negativity about it with the previous principal - this new one has seemingly sent it backwards again. The 'leader' has a lot to answer for in the culture of the school - it doesn't matter what socio-economic status the area around the school has - what happens within the school makes all the difference. I am glad to be out of there. Over the more than 10 years I was there there were distinctive cycles of change through different principals and this one seems to be sending the school backwards in a rather big way. It is such a shame as it really was beginning to be a school that had a nice feel about it.

@Former-Member You really are doing it so tough Hon. I understand the being tired and not being able to get through without prns - that is super tough. The constant worry about your D would not be helping with all that either. So many hugs and so much love coming your way Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7 

Wish I could see an end to it all. 

Its hard not to worry about d, that’s for sure. 

Whats for dinner at yours?

i made myself put veggies on and frying salmon. I haven’t been cooking much lately. 

Not that hungry really. 

@Former-Member  @Zoe7 

The wind has been wild. It tore our roof on our lovely gazebo. 

Any contact with your friend lately?  Too busy at school, I guess. 

I had thai that I bought last night - still some left that I will have tomorrow as well @Former-Member 

Salmon and veggies is one of my favourite meals and it is lovely and healthy as well. I know it is hard to cook when you are feeling so tired so well done you for doing that tonight Smiley Very Happy

Had contact with friend this afternoon. He is going to see a friend play in a band tonight that he may be opening for the next time they play. He was going to call in on the way but I wasn't up for a visitor tongiht - too tired - just want to put my feet up and get an early night and he couldn't say what time he would be heading out so we have agreed on a raincheck.

It is hard when you can't see an end to it all Hon - it is so emotionally and physically draining just trying to keep your head above water - and you have your D to think about too and all that she is going through - that makes it even harder - you have to try to care for yourself and for her - so very hard Hon. You can only take it a day at a time though and get through each day hoping it is better than the one before - and of course you have us here supporting you aling the way Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hopefully you’ll catch up with friend soon @Zoe7 

yes, a day at a time is all I can think of. A step at a time actually. 

Id better get dinner. 

Will pop on when I can. 

💜🌷

Enjoy your dinner Hon and definitely take it one step at a time @Former-Member 

I will keep my eye out for you. Will be on and off over the weekend and tend bot to be on here much during the week but I do still get emails when I am tagged so tag away when you are ready to post again hopefully that won't be too far away because I do miss you when you are not here 💜💙💚🧡🌷🌺🌸🌹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance