Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Chipolatas and greens here

Smiley Happy

Last night downpour was dangerous fir driving.

Today garden soil was lovely and soft for pulling weeds.

Smiley Happy

@Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Maggie @outlander @Teej @CheerBear @Sans911 @Snowie and all passing through and following along...

Second last actual teaching day for me today. I have the class for the morning tomorrow before they go off to transition classes for next year and then get ready for the presentation assembly. I only found out about that all today so I have to change my planning accordingly. It will be more of a finishing off morning - a bit of Science, a bit of Maths and a story to get them all settled first. If they complete all of that then they can have some time to do their christmas things that they started with the other teacher today. I'll also take in some cards so they can decorate them and give them to their parents/guardians or siblings.

In the meeting after school there was a lot I could not do as it related closely to data they had collected on individual students but once the graphs and charts came out I could actually contribute something - love data lol

@BlueBay I got some soap and hand cream from the chemist for mum - might even go back and get some for myself. @Faith-and-Hope you would love it - and I thought of you - as both have peacocks on them Smiley Surprised The lady who works there says she has used it and it is lovely so I am taking her word for it. I did smell the soap and it smelt great so I am sure mum will love it. I also got her a book she wanted, some chocolates (her favourites) and a card - so her birthday is sorted.

Next is the christmas shopping for everyone else (no idea what I am going to get) but I am hoping Dad will come with me on the weekend and between us we can get some things for mum at least - and maybe point out some things he would like Smiley Tongue Then I can go on my own and sort out my sister and her partner.

Today is the anniversary of my Nan's death but I am coping much better with it than I thought I would. I was pretty down this morning and didn't want to go to work today but I think having that to do has helped me get through the day. I am grateful that I had my Nan in my life as she was my best friend and I lved her without reservation - as she did me. That kind of love is so precious and I am soooo lucky to have had that in my life.

Tomorrow is Toby's birthday so that is a day I can celebrate how lucky I am to have him. I am going to pick him up something on the way home tomorrow - it will be a long day but the shop is on the way home so it will only take a little extra time.

I am also getting my car serviced tomorrow - there goes my little bit of saved money - but it needs to be done so I really don't have much choice. It is the last time I can get it done at the garage I take it to as it is close to the school - and after this week I will not be there anymore ...that is starting to get much closer and I really do have mixed feelings about it - I know I have made the right decision but still anxious as to where I will be going next.

Anyone who has gotten to the end of this essay (and are not already asleep) I hope you have had an okay day and there has been a little light in amongst everything else going on for you Heart

Hi Hon - lovely to come home and see you under the support button @Faith-and-Hope

Going to head to far and away thread now Heart

Evening @Zoe7

Sounds like youve got a good plan for tomorrow, I can imagine they are all getting abit restless since its nearing the end of term and almost christmas too. I hope everything goes ok even with lots of those mixed feelings swirling around.

Your soap and handcream sounds lovely, im sure your mum will love them.

Im sorry about your nan, she sounds like she was really special to you. My nan was also my best friend too so can understand how you might be feeling even if your coping better than you though. Hugs. I know she would be watching over and feeling proud of you and how far youve come Heart

Hi @Zoe7 glad you bought something nice fir your mum hand cream and soap is always a nice gift. Good luck eith the rest of your Xmas shopping.  

Thanks @outlander I'm sure my Nan would be proud of me - she wasn't around to see me go into teaching but I am sure she would have loved that I did that.

Heart

Just got off the phone with my sister and now I have an idea of what to get both her and her partner @BlueBay So just Mum and Dad to go. Dad is so hard to buy for but hoping I can get some idea from mum over the next couple of days.

You’re getting there @Zoe7 well done xx

I am getting there @BlueBay It feels a little better knowing what I can get for my sister and her partner at least. I have some idea what to get Mum as well but it is a matter of finding it. Dad however is a completely different story Smiley Surprised

How are you going with all of your preparations?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance