Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

greenpea
Senior Contributor

having fun when you are over 50

Hey for the all the over 50s

I was thinking today about having fun when you are are now 'mature' and single and not dead lol. I am sitting here at 3am on my second cup of coffee listening to The Cure and would love some fun. Dancing like at a concert having someone to go with who wants just to have fun No strings attached just looking for a good time (no sex necessarily) so there is no pressure on me to perform. To be honest the medications have killed any sexua drive in me. Is that the same for anyone else on anti psychotics?

My sister has gone on dating sites and has had a few dates but none of the guys have called her back after the first date.. I dont want to go on a dating site. It is not the peas style. I just want a bad boy with dark flashing eyes to get into trouble with. Is that too much to ask?

48 REPLIES 48

Re: having fun when you are over 50

Ha ha @greenpea 

Smiley Happy

Maybe @TABs around

@Appleblossom  yes I wonder if @TAB s is awake?

I decided to make this last year a year of fun.  No regrets. Men just did not figure that much. @greenpea 

Tried online dating about 8 years ago fro 6 months.  Hooked well educated guyz, but everyone edgy, not sure if coming or going. One guy told me he could make and lose 2 mill in a year ... I believed him ...only met for coffee out of curiosity cos he had wrong suburb ... top end ... and job ... real estate... but alright and 2 free coffees.... he was also too short ... about 5 foot... we were polite.  Just got tired of feelings being yanked around and got the general sense of things.  Not guyz fault just my feelings. 

Been lovely knowing you.

@Appleblossom  yes that is what my sister found. While other women I know of complain the men just wanted to hook up for one thing only not want a relationship. I really dont want either I want a Heathcliffe I suppose all in the head thing and have the option of going off and doing my own thing again without hard feelings. 

I want to be somebody's Cathy.

Image result for heathcliff

most guys on online dating are married @Appleblossom 

@greenpea My son was raving about Heathcliffe and Catherine at Christmas... even in novels its not like in the movies.

@TAB

Yeah I met one who was deciding whether or not to leave wife.

One who also had a baby grand in his house.

One who visited my area as kids and ex lived there

I met quite a few. It was interesting, but nothing like a good match

No Way Jose

Smiley Tongue

Ya Aint Earned it

Smiley Tongue

hey pea @greenpea

I had to say that this line made me laugh out loud:

"when you are are now 'mature' and single and not dead lol."

haha. Thanks for the laugh

Also re dating.... I have no idea.... people are weird
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance