Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

KEJ
Senior Contributor

Wanting to make friends

Hi I'm Kadia and I'm 52 years old and I like to make some friends. I have a dog and I normally go on a daily walk with another dog as well. 
I like exploring. nature and having coffee etc.

Thankyou for reading this.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Wanting to make friends

Where do you live?

Hi @KEJ welcome to the forums! 🙂 Nature and coffee is a wonderful treat - as are dogs! What are the breeds of your pooches? Look forward to getting to know a little about you.

@Jimmyjam Welcome to you too Heart Unfortunately due to our anonymity guideline, we can't disclose one anothers personal details. We can say "I am from NSW" or "Sydney" places where you know you won't be identified etc 🙂 You can read all about the anonymity guideline here.

Look forward to learning more about you both, our community is here to support you Heart

I live south of Perth

My dog is a Jack Russell X from SAFE Broome. Tia is nearly two years old. I also walk my dads dog Buddy who is a Red Cloud Kelpie and he is Nine. They get along really well.

I adore my baby very much. She has helped me through the rough times by lying besides me. I suffer PTSD, Schizophrenia, Bipolar. I am a voice hearer as well. That does impact me a lot as it is constant like a record player. I have two voices. I have a disability which means I'm partially deaf. But you won't really know till you see my hearing aids. I really would love to make new friends who would love to form a relationship of being understanding.

I love nature, photography and I also do scrapbooking and art. I have not done any of those things for quiet awhile.

Hi @KEJ 

I just wanted to say hello and welcome! It's great that you've reached out for some support and to connect with other people. I'm fairly new here myself, but from what I've read it's a really kind and caring community to be a part of Smiley Happy

It's great to hear a little bit about you and some of the things that you enjoy - dogs can be such wonderful companions!

Look forward to seeing you around.

Take care ...

ShiningStar

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @KEJ 

Hi Darcy

Im struggling but I am going to a pottery group on Thursday and I hope it will help me. I'm not very good in groups so I hope I will be okay.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Pottery groups sounds lovely @Smc has done pottery too. 

There is an active craft discussion thread on the lived experience side that you might enjoy here is a link to it Craft Corner . 

Forum hint: If you use the @ symbol this allows you to "tag" someone letting them know you have replied to their message.

Hi @KEJ.

Yep, I started off doing a Neighbourhood House pottery group years ago, as a form of self care, and it progressed into me doing a TAFE course, and starting a home based pottery business. That's on hold at present, but it did really help me at the time. Something creative using very basic materials. It's at its best when you can just focus on what you're making and relax into it, more or less tuning out from everything else to do so. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance