Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

I struggled with modern abstract art, but it really helped me to see the transitions of individual artists, a sense of entering into their journey. It was a diverse and fecund group.  

My german spelling was bad ooops.

Heart

That’s how it was fo me @Appleblossom, learning about the person and their life, their thoughts, their creative process.

I began by sort-of ordering some of their works from their realism stage (most abstract artists are very good at realism and Impressionism), and then walking through the stages where they move through experimentation to arrive at their “new style”.  I was surprised to find Picasso using a naive style in later years than his intense cubist work, suggesting that he didn’t discard any of his prior styles or learning, he just chose to keep reproducing the abstract style he was most comfortable with under different circumstances .....

This was from a trip to the Mediterranean, for instance -A8C14765-18AD-4C84-A7E5-A1E87D8DB6BE.jpeg

Art topic this week is Realism @Zoe7 .... 🤔😏

@Faith-and-Hope Realism... Victoria Steel - “Familiarity Breeds Contempt”

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm feeling very uneducated / lacking in culture ❤

Why do you feel that way @Former-Member? I have always found you to be smart and articulate Smiley Very HappyHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge, did u have to be so quick to 'like' my last post lol or did i give you a laugh 😁

@Zoe7i just have no idea about all these art periods you guys are disgussing. All gobbilygook to me, especially tonight. Cant see it lol.

How are you all?

There are some I am not up on either @Former-Member - I tend to stick more with the images I like and know the periods they come from through thr artists that really resonate with me. I think we are all going to get an education following @Faith-and-Hope's art studies lol

I am doing ok tonight but think it will be an early night for me. How are you tonight @Former-Member and @Adge?

I liked your post @Former-Member because I am not creative or very cultured myself.

I'm too tired to write much right now, so Like is the Best I can do...

Adge

Just go exploring @Former-Member .... choose art images that you like and just enjoy them.  Little by little they become familiar and information about this field starts to stick.   All I know about nursing has been through my family’s medical dramas ..... and I am a real novice with tech stuff ..... gonna learn something about that in this course too .....

Have some fun exploring @Former-Member 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance