Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

P.S. I think I'll choose some different music - that last one was not appropriate and doesn't say anything about my lifestyle!   Here's John Butler Trio --- Funky Tonight ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnjqYWBcas

Hi @eth  

just spent the morning at flight centre. Booked flights to Sunshine Coast for October. Then had a latte with hubby daughter and granddaughter had a bsbychino. 

I've got to get busy so I'll leave you with this favourite of mine :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8pyf6ZW4Dk&t=406s

Somebody Pleeeease take over the music!!!

I'll be back ......

Hi @BlueBay  sounds like a really feel-good morning for you.  Planning a holiday is always fun, and nothing beats hanging out with grandkiddles.

@eth @greenpea @CheerBear

Ill be in and out. But I'll be on the train for the next hour so I can settle in here lol.

Baby chino for the baby @BlueBay haha

Hope you enjoy your trip. It's great at the Sunshine Coast

You should see it @Flying_Hams  she is 1 1/2 years old and she gets a tiny cup with 3/4 froth and rest milk. With sprinkle of chocolate. She thinks she’s like us!!! The smile on her face when she knows she’s having one 😊 lol 

Hi, @eth ... great idea for a thread... and a nice place to hang...

Ooooh... what makes me happy?

Gardening... I get a chance to commune with nature in so many profound ways, as I nurture plants and provide havens for the little beasties like water skinks and all the small birds... life is a delight in so many ways... it is the greatest gift there is - I know none greater... I remain profoundly grateful for this wonderful gift of life, and try to honour it in whatever small ways I can...

After I build the raised garden bed I mentioned on another thread, one of the next projects will be starting a worm farm, but that won't be until spring and warmer weather... I am a big fan of permaculture, and will attempt to set up a self-sustaining system as much as I am able... it's amazing what you can achieve with a standard suburban block... one can grow enough food for an entire household, with enough left over to trade with others (or the local community garden) for variety...

That's the sort of old-school village stuff that makes me happy... I don't like the cardboard vegetables from the supermarkets... we have normalised bland for good, and have forgotten what a real tomato tastes like... it may not look perfect, but by gosh my tomatoes have sweet tangy flavour that pops in the mouth... and I am blessed to be able to grow tommies all year round...

So, yeah, gardening makes me happy...

Much love and respect to the community... hugs and happy vibes beaming your way...

Haha @BlueBay
Thats great 🙂

I've always been partial to Pink Floyd... here's a shorter piece, from my favourite album of theirs - Animals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whsZmemNcw

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance