Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

It'sa Boy!!!

I always like good news - so now we know it'sa boy for Prince Harry and Meghan - 

This has to be great to know - I am not really a monachist but I enjoy sharing good news and a new baby has to be good news

Dec

30 REPLIES 30

Re: It'sa Boy!!!

It was good news indeed @Owlunar . I am self proclaimed Royalist (hence the name Queenie). I wonder what they'll call the little chap?

Thanks Queenie

I heard some ideas about names on The Studio this morning

Alexander, Philip, Albert - maybe - I am going for Alexander myself

well done the list is Donald - heaven forbid that one

I like Alexander myself

Dec

It’s great news @Owlunar  I wonder what they’ll call him. 

I saw Harry on tv this morning announcing the birth. The look on his face how happy he is. It’s so nice to see. 

...happy as .. Larry .. @BlueBay @Owlunar soz lol

Happy, positive news is always good to share @Owlunar! Alexander sounds like a great name, do you know when we'll find out what the actual name is?

Hi all

@Ali11 @TAB @BlueBay @Queenie 

I saw Harry on TV today and he said the name will be revealed in the next few days

I guess they have to get it past the Queen - and there is a lot of tradition around the names of royal bablies but this little fellow might not be a prince - he is 7th in line to the throne - so we will have to wait

Dec

That is true @Owlunar, plus when they become king/queen apparently their name can change as well? I think that is what has happened with past royalty, there are so many rules and requirements!  

You are right @Ali11 

George VI first name was Albert but Queen Victoria was unhappy that her husband Prince Albert was never crowned king and was always only her consort - and although she couldn't rule on the subject she did not want anyone to be crowned King Albert

So Prince Albert - Duke of York - was crowned King George VI - and at the time Albert was considered by some to be "too Germanic" - strange to think about that in this day and age

The Queen has already said that Kate will be Queen Catherine when the time comes - but you can't change the minds of the public - I guess we will always call her Kate

Interestingly though - people of my grandmother's age and lived long enough to see Elizabeth crowned lived saw 6 reigning monarchs

Victoria

Edward VII

George V

Edward Vlll

George VI

Elizabeth ll

And Elizabeth is our longest reigning monarch

Gotta say - I wish they had more interesting names - 

Dec

Hey @Owlunar my mum had the full coronation thing with coin even lol ok QuII ie Liz
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance