Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

IsAnybodyThere
Senior Contributor

Gauging opinion.

Hi All. Yesterday 29th April I Posted a poem called On The Edge. I wrote this years ago and the last sentence is where my Username comes from.

I was, in past years, a prolific writer of poetry. I had quite a few styles when in the mood, but I always felt my ' darker ' stuff to be my better work. This is where my true self came through without having to hide behind social niceties.

I would like to know how people feel about my Posting such a poem now and again? I have no wish to turn this into a poetry site. I have barely scratched the surface of my issues, my poems give an insight into some. Also, I would like to be able to contribute somewhat to the site. This is about all of us with unique paths and issues. Can't promise I can help much, but sometimes people just need to be heard and are not expecting easy answers.

Please tell me what you think.

Stay safe.   IsAnybodyThere

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Gauging opinion.

Hi @IsAnybodyThere 

There is this thread: https://onedoor.saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Writing-As-A-Form-Of-Therapy/td-p/63631

Personally, I was most impressed with your poem and would love to read more. And, again, personally, where you post more doesn't bother me much. I just wanted to bring that thread to your attention. Maybe the 'powers that be' would like to 'keep it tidy' in there?

Oh, and, please, if you Do post more, make sure to tag me (using the @ and my username) so I can see when you've put something up!)

I also write a bit, but very slowly these days, but I will tag you when I put my next poem up. Hopefully in a week or two 🙂

@IsAnybodyThere 

I liked your poem and that you posted it.

Sorry if my last post did not convey that.  I realised later that the pic of the poetry book came between my positive comment, so you may not have traken it personally.

I just posted that as encouragement.  Dont worry about changing the site into a poetry one ... there are others who write poetry on here.

As @StuF  suggensted tagging people helps get responses .... 

Its funny how threads develop, and sometimes become quite changed and/or used by different people.

I doubt that Sane forum mind where you post, you might want your poems in your own thread ... although nobody really "owns" a thread, people usually try and respect the original intention 

@moderator ?? 

It's a great idea @Appleblossom  @IsAnybodyThere .

I'd encouraged you to create your 'own' thread for your poems etc. I often see it as a way of reflecting back on your journey. It allows you to go back and read your poems/posts at posted at different points of your journey.

Go for it!

tyme

Hi @IsAnybodyThere , I think this site is where we can express ourselves, and your poem yesterday was powerful. So go for it! 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance