Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Play very badly @Sans911 Smiley Tongue but nothing better than banging on the drums to get some of those feelings out 👍

It is great when you find a good mechanic. Mine sold his business a couple of years ago to one of his employees. I took my car there last year and the fan belt wasn't timed properly so it makes a hell of a noise sometimes. It is due for a service again but can't afford it just yet and I will need to take it in in the holidays so it will have to wait now.

How are Jasper and Mr A?

Decent mechanics are hard to find. Like dentists, Dr's, you know the rest.

The cats are relaxing. Jasper on the bed and not impressed or happy with me. He's had a messy :pile_of_poo: today and it's got into his tail. Because it had dried I had to cut it off. So a little of his hair from his tail is missing. I'm getting dirty looks and he won't let me touch him. He needs a shower soon as well as he's more yellow and grey atm. He's not the best self groomer. Never has been.

Mr A is up on the tall boy. He's watching me watching him.

@Zoe7

Oh poor Jasper @Sans911 Does he sit still in the shower or is it a battle to bath him?

My previous cat had to have a bath when she disappeared under my paren'ts muddy house. We had mud and water on all walls and even on the roof of the bathroom - but I got her clean Smiley Tongue It took longer to clean the bathroom afterwards than it did to wash her. 

I had a friend who ran a pool and he used to take his cat in the water with him. He introduced her to the pool when she was a kitten so she got used to it pretty early on. It was really cute watching her swim with him - who knew cats could swim!

Mr A sounds like he is on his throne ruling the house Smiley Tongue

Goodnight @Sans911 Cricket is over and I need to head off myself and try to get some sleep. Goodluck with your appointment tomorrow and the car hunting for your friend. Love and hugs to you Hon Heart

@Faith-and-Hope January is quickly moving towards the end and still no F&H - missing you with every part of my heart Hon. I so hope you are okay and will be back with us soon. Hugs and hugs and hugs Heart

@Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Former-Member @Flying_Hams @eth and others following...

Had a bad night with nightmares and waking up feeling really sick ...had another sleep this morning and feeling much better now.

I was going to head out early to do the shopping and get the boxes but now am going to wait until later to do that. I want to watch the tennis today so am going to do that then hesd out afterwards. There is a Big W close to the beach I go to so am planning to go there then take Toby to the beach (weather dependant this afternoon). The grocery shopping can wait as the things I need are not urgent.

I have all the washing done and dry so can fold and put that away this morning then can move the timber in my driveway into the garage. If I have enough time before the tennis is on I will drill a hole in the trailer - need to have that for excess water to run out of it. There is a small hole already bt not bigg enough for the water to run out Was also going to clean out the car today but no point if I am hesding to the beache 'cos Toby will just bring more sand home with him - little sand monster Smiley Tongue

The closer we get to the end of the month is closer it is until you are home @Faith-and-Hope I certainly hoed for you to be home siooner than this but with not much of January to go I hope that eans not long until you are back too Hon ...my heart is still aching without you here so cannot wait until you are back. Hugs and hugs and hugs Heart

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sans911 @Snowie and others following...

I went out and got the boxes. As soon as I saw the match I wanted to watch was the second one for the day I knew I had time - so that is done ✔ It is very overcast here so the rain might come earlier than expected therefore the beach will be out for today - so went to a closer shopping centre where there is both Big W and Kmart ...and found the boxes I wanted at that Kmart. 

So my plan now is to watch the tennis, then move the timber from the driveway into the garage and then sort out the games. I have made the bed so I can use that to sort them out before I box them up and store them in the spare room.

Tonight I can sort out the rest of my books which will free up the dining table again. Tomorrow and Friday will be the garage and garden if I have both the time and energy. I am definitely slowing down and getting tired quicker but if I can still stick to my plan of having it all done this week then I have all next week to go into work and relax the rest of the time. I do need that down time before I go back to work because I know it is going to be really full on not only being back on class but being at a new school and having to familiarise myself with people, timetables, times, rules, procedures, etc.

Starting to get those nerves and doubts pop in the closer the beginning of the term gets - especially knowing it is fulltime and I don't know how I am going to cope with that. Having my place sorted and clean will help - I will hopefully be able to stay on top of housework easier and having a tidy and organised space around me will also help.

@Faith-and-Hope Sending you a little love from Cat, Toby and myself....

Image result for love hearts

Sorting update number 3007041 (at least LOL)...

@Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Former-Member @Flying_Hams @eth @Snowie @Shaz51 @greenpea @Appleblossom @CheerBear @Maggie @Adge @Scarecrowe and all others following...

Been outside moving timber and roof sheets. The wind is too bad now to move anymore outside. I did get some of the timber moved I needed to - there is an old table under it all and that has to go to the tip as well so I can now get to that to put on the trailer tomorrow then start stacking everything else on top of it. I also moved all the roofing so now I can get to the rest of the timber to sort that out too.Some of it is too water damaged to keep but some is in good condition so that can go in the garage. There are a couple of old cupboards in the driveway as well so they can also both go but probably not both in one trip (my trailer is not that big). I'll take the smaller one and then pull apart the larger one to make it easier to transport. I'll have to ask my sister to come around and help me put the smaller one on the trailer as there is no way I will be able to lift it on. Once that is done (and all the timber moved) I can clear the driveway to put the trailer there.

Tonight is games sorting, boxing up and stacking in the spare room. It shouldn't take me more than a couple of hours - I am going to go through all games and make sure every piece is there otherwise it gets thrown out. Then I will do the rest of the books.

First I need to fix my sisters mat - she is hoping to finish her house cleaning tomorrow so she will need it in the morning. It won't take too long though and I can do that while watching some of the cricket.

Hopefully only 2 days left now until everything at my place is done and then I can clean my house also. ...then next week go into the new school, planning and plenty of rest 👍

wow and wow my awesome sister @Zoe7 

hello and hugs @Faith-and-Hope , @Sans911  @Former-Member , @Flying_Hams 

Sorry my Darling sister @Zoe7   feeling very arrggg tonigjt , think I could go to bed right now 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance