Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Faith-and-Hope @eth @Meowmy @MDT @Adge @Former-Member @Sans911 @Maggie  @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Snowie @Owlunar @CheerBear and others following...

Been a long day today already. Had my GP apoointment this morning - my heartrate was significantly up which is really unusual for me. My blood pressure also decreased a lot when I stood up ...it is likely dehydration - I really haven't drank enough over the last few days so I suspect she is right - been too busy sorting things and have not been drinking much at all - so more blood tests. I needed routine blood tests done anyway so will have them all at once tomorrow morning ...need to fast and need to drink more water today.

I then went to help my sister with the cleaning and worked there for a few hours. We are going to hopefully get it all finished tomorrow. My sister looks absolutely exhausted so I do really hope between us it will be done tomorrow. She then has to unpack and put away everything at the new house (which I can't really help her with) so still more for her to do.

I have made significant headway at my place also but can't finish it all until I get the new boxes tomorrow night. So I suspect it will be another long night tomorrow night. I have one shelf I can sort out today and then books to move and sort. There is also one more box I can go through today, more washing to do nd the floor desperately needs vacuuming - so a very busy afternoon/evening here again.

I will have a break tonight to watch the tennis and try to get a decent amount of sleep so I have enough energy to clean tomorrow.

@Former-Member You can't catch a break Hon - NBN back on before it goes off again today. I hope it is not off for too long for you and whatever they are doing is done quickly.

@Adge Lovely of you to drop in here and say hi also. Been really busy and haven't caught up with you for a while but that should all settle down later this week. 

@eth Yes starting to feel more organised. Next is going to the new school and planning for this term - so whilst I am getting there with the sorting there is still a lot to do before I return to work.

Hey @Zoe7
👋 🙂

Hey @MDT 👋

@Faith-and-Hope @eth @Meowmy @Adge @Snowie @Sans911 @Former-Member @Maggie and others following along...

One more box sorted, a shelf cleaned out and sorted, another load of washing done and pegged out with one still washing, rubbish out of hallway ready to go on the trailer tomorrow, shelves cleaned and loungeroom tidied up. It is all starting to come together and once I have the boxes tomorrow night there will be even more room. I will then be able to clean my bedroom properly, vacuum the floor and wash the rugs. My house will not know what has hit it - will be the most sorted and clean it has been for years - but will be amazing to have it all done. I still have some work to do outside and in the garage but that should only take a couple of days - so should all be finished by the weekend.

Going to take a break from it all tonight now, watch the cricket and tennis and relax. I need to have my blood tests done in the morning before I head to my sister's for more cleaning. Will be very, very relieved when we have finished there and my place is done as well - then I can concentrate on going back to work knowing my home is sorted.

Toby is of course sound asleep and making puppy noises again - and Cat is outside curled up in the garden. It is not very warm out there though so she will be in soon. The little treasure has been ignoring Tobes and giving me extra cuddles today which I have lapped up - she is such a beautiful little girl 😺 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7  Sounds like a big day for you. Sorry heart rate up and BP down. Hopefully tests come back with no issues. 

When at the Drs my heart rate is always very high. BP too. But at home ny BP always tests very low. White Coat syndrome. My normal BP is around 100/60.

Cat and Toby give so much pleasure, Im so happy you have them both.

More boxes done! Wow .. you wont know the place. I'll bet it feels good to get so much done?

Has the sore hip and leg, plus assorted bruises, eased a bit today?

Yeah NBN off again around lunchtime. No doubt with big storm late pm they will have an excuse to have it off for more days. Not impressed at all.

Sherry

Awesome work @Zoe7. You're a super trooper!

Cat and Toby are resting for you, but take it easy too. 🧚‍♀️🤸‍♀️👍👍👍

Yes leg and hip much better @Former-Member - still bruised but not nearly as sore 👍

My heartrate is always a little high - but I am super unfit Smiley Sad Today it was up to 125 ...usually 85-90 so significantly higher. My BP has been good the last few visits but was lower today ...and even lower when I stood up - so a bit of a concern but I am not too worried. I feel okay ...nd have been drinking more this afternoon so hopefully it was just a bit of dehydration and that will be sorted in a couple of days.

It does feel really good to be getting my place done - there were boxes there still unpack from when I moved 6 years ago lol There are still 2 boxes of things I don't need to go through - I know what are in there but have nowhere to put it all until I build some shelves - and that won't happen until next christmas holidays (need to save to be able to afford to do that too). I want to buil a bookcase along one wall so all my books are together - that will free up space to sort out those last 2 boxes - so for now they can live in the corner of my bedroom ...they are happy there lol

Bloody NBN Smiley Frustrated You just got it back and now it is off again. I know this was a scheduled outage but it is so frustrating with it being down for so long already this week. Did they give you any indication how long it will be out this time?

Yes my fur babies are my absolute world - do not know what I would do without them. I still really feel for my sister losing her baby - she was the same to her and really misses her little girl. Thank goodness she still has her dog because I do not know how she would cope without him. He is a bit of a cutie too - he is an Aussie bulldog and whilst I do not generally like those type of dogs he has a beautiful personality and is very snuggly. He sits on top of my sister thinking he is a lap dog lol and of course he is super spoilt. I love having him at my place too so happy to look after him anytime. Tobes gets a bit put out but as long as he can snuggle inbetween us he is okay. 

That's one of my favourite ABBA songs @Sans911 ...Super Trouper Smiley Very Happy

I am actually feeling okay tonight and still wide awake which is surprising with all the work I have been doing - going to stay up for a while and watch the cricket -  the closest pathology clinic doesn't open to 9am so no rush to get up and going. Then I'll head to my sister's afterwards. We think it will take about 4 hours to finish ...maybe even less with the 2 of us then I will come home and do more of my place before I hesd out in the evening. My pay often goes in about 8pm so plenty of time to go to the atm, Bunnings, the chemist, the supermarket and Kmart. If I get that all done tomorrow night then I will have the next few days at home without needing to go anywhere. That is the plan anyway Smiley Tongue

One of my favourite songs too @Zoe7. And I love the movie 'Mamma Mia'. Such a feel good movie.

I've got rid of a few things that are in the boxes near the kitchen, and I'll do some more listings tonight. I might also put a load of washing on to hang out in the morning.

I've got an earlish appointment tommorow at the hospital plastics Clinic to look at my wounds again. The cream they prescribed from last week seems to have worked a little but I can see its still going to take time for the wound to close completely.

And I'm helping my friend in the afternoon check out a couple of cars. Strangely enough, they're where I bought my current car.

I love that movie too @Sans911 👍😁 The Winner Takes it All is my favourite ABBA song but often hard to listen to for me  also - a lot of ABBA songs are like that now - too many connections which I can't talk about here because it would be identifying if certain people read and put 2 and 2 together Smiley Sad

Good job on getting rid of some things - hope you are making a little money out of it all. There are a couple of big things I am tossing up whether to get rid of ...specifically my drum kit and a couple of guitars.  There is no room to set them up and I really have no inclination to use them anymore so maybe I should just sell them. I'll keep my acoustic guitar but the others can go I think. Presently they are just accumulating dust on top of my cupboard ...maybe I'll leve them there for another year and decide next holidays!

It is good the cream is working a little - it has been so long now that you have had to deal with these wounds Hon ...I really feel for you Smiley Sad Goodluck with your appointment tomorrow and fingers crossed the wound begins to heal quickly with this cream.

You have also been a great help to your friend with the car situation - hope one of the ones you both look at tomorrow is right for your friend. Having already bought yours from the same place is indeed funny but hopefully that also means they are reliable as well ...so many dodgy dealers out there still Smiley Frustrated

Yes, that one makes me sad and sometimes I cry. It feels like it captures my life.

Wow, I never imagined you could play drums and guitar 🎸 @Zoe7. You rock chic you lol! That's awesome!

Yes I actually told my friend to go to this car dealer. After dealing with their mechanic over an initial concern about the car I bought a year ago it was one dealer I knew I could trust. Their cars are all very good quality, low kms and they are a very small yard. I now use their mechanic as he's a sole trader, and extremely honest.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance