Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

💜💐💕 @Former-Member ..... 

💙🌼 @oceangirl .....

Thinking of you both.

Morning @Zoe7 🦋👋

Thanks for helping out last night.  How have you pulled up this morning ?  It has brought a smile to my face thinking about Cat asking to be fed .....

Taliing about feeding ..... I had a couple of wake-ups in the night, but slept through till nearly 9am this morning, and have stayed in bed after that .... but now I am hungry so J better get up and moving.

I have decided already that it’s going to be a pyjama day, including going out for coffee .... 😏

I am okay @Faith-and-Hope Very much thinking about our @Former-Member though. I know there is nothing we can do but send her our love and support. My heart is breaking for her Smiley Sad

Going to be a jammies day for me too today. It is raining still and very cold so snuggled up with Toby, watching footy and doing a little more of the giraffe are all the plans I have.

I was up early - fed the babies and then went back to sleep on the couch for a couple of hours. It was great to hear you got some extra sleep also - you very much need it. 

How is S2 this morning? Any progress with getting up and moving?

I had a convo with him that started as a text but became a call.  I have seen his sleeping self on and off across the end of this week, but he goes into a very deep sleep which takes a lot of waking, and once awake, he can’t easily go back to sleep, which is really crap if he has only been asleep 3 hours after a long time awake, and it also messes with his efforts to get that deep sleep back into the night time hours.

He is frustrated at how messy his week has been, and how hard to be awake and in the mindset to engage with his uni stuff it has been.  D3 has become his main support for getting uni sorted, but she has been awake and raring to go when he has been crashed out, and vice-versa .... which is good in the sense that they are having to communicate with each other through the frustrations without shutting each other down ..... and it crosses and uncrosses my mr’s behaviour and communication patterns, cos they’re his kids too, and genetically both of us.  There is “good” and “bad” in all of it.

How’s that for an answer ??

That is indeed an answer @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Surprised

It is by no means an easy situation but it is lovely that D3 is there for support as well - that is a huge positive that she is up and about and also helping S2 when she can.

The sleep (or lack of) is so important to healthy functioning so until S2 can get that sorted there will still undoubtedly be issues with doing anything else. I hope he can get into a better sleep pattern soon but I know how hard that can be to achieve. He doesn't need extra pressures on top of that at the moment but with uni and Mr coming back I can see how much more he will have on his plate. Keep doing what you are - being around to support him in finding his feet as best he can.

And yes, my thoughts are very much with @Former-Member ..... 

@Zoe7 

@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @eth @Former-Member @Gazza75 Heart

I'm about to head out and meet a group of friends for lunch

It should be a good afternoon

I was happy to have some time with Kira this morning while Milo was outside playing

I love them both to bits though

@Former-Member Heart

Image result for thinking of you

@Faith-and-Hope How is you jammies day going?

Hi @Zoe7 

Stillvwry much in slug mode, but planning how I will get on with unpacking and tidying up ...., mr. won’t be home till late tomorrow night, so I have tomorrow too.

I had a long coffee with my friend from our units, and have come home and tucked myself back into bed for now.  S2 has requested that we go out for lunch somewhere 🎉 which is clearly him kicking himself out of the house for a while, but not too far from his room / sanctuary ..... taking baby steps 👍

That is really positive with S2 @Faith-and-Hope It is often the hardest thing to do to actually get out of the house when you really do not feel like moving from what you feel safe and comfortable with - so good on S2 for taking that leap Smiley Very Happy

Slug mode is okay - we all need that down time and to just let the world pass us by at times. ...and you have had a pleasant morning out so that is an added bonus in your day. Lunch with the baby dragons will be nice and then you can curl up in bed again or begin to tackle the unpacking - as you said - you have time tomorrow if you need it. 

I have slept more this morning and feel better for it. Still snuggled up on the couch with Toby but managed to wash up and put some washing on - small achievements but happy enough with what I have done. Going to do the ironing this afternoon while watching the footy so that is out of the way too then I can begin the giraffe's head tonight and maybe put another coat on the echidna with the dining room table free to use.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance