Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Yes, I  do believe term 2 will be from home too.  NSW hasn't made that official yet.   I'm really hoping D can go to her formal.  Mr Angels thinks it won't go ahead, there's 400+ in her grade.   Praying for your son xx

@utopia 

@Faith-and-Hope
Yes Kurra has raised her head. I've been so very busy but was badly triggered by something just after Christmas and have been diagnosed with PTSD. I'm doing a bit better now but with all my community work, music and travel now cancelled I'm struggling with the lack of human contact. Thought it was time to get back together with my very special SANE friends.
Was notified a few days ago that I may need to return to work as it's an essential service. It may be remotely from home or back to the city. In that case I'll be living in my little c'van. Not quite what I expected considering I turn 70 this year. Guess it's nice to be valued.
By and large though I'm doing well considering the crazy world we are living in at the moment.
It sounds as if life has thrown you some curly ones recently. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I've met a lovely man and tomorrow I'm going to look at some acreage we're interested in buying. Might build a straw bale house on it. He's 16 years younger than me but it doesn't seem to make a difference to us. He's working in the city atm so it's just me and New Dog for the time being.
It's good to be back.
Take care all. Luv n Hugs 💕🎶💕

Soooo good to see you @Kurra ❣️

Sorry to hear you were badly triggered ..... wonderful to hear your good news.

Yeah, lotsa sucky stuff to wade through atm, and it's all new and scary, and so unexpected that it could liquify so badly and so fast .....  but learning what is probably behind it all has been educational to say the least.

Treading water as best I can though, and "this too shall pass", one way or another.  Trying hard not to overthink it and stay in the moment.

18FD0FE0-54C1-4E3D-A2E5-2C6B2D3B4DB9.jpeg

💖💕 @Zoe7 .... go well today 

Hugs to all who need one ....

That is one of my favourite images of yours @Faith-and-Hope - thank you Hon ...made me smile Smiley Very Happy

It has been a long and exhausting day. We are getting sorted but we are all very much struggling to get through the days. I felt like I was not pulling my weight today as for most of the day I was putting things in envelopes to send out to the kids. I did all 4 classes though while the others continued to plan in their curriculum areas. I did help with the science so that made me feel like I was contributing. I can't do my Arts and Crafts area until all the other areas are done - so I can tie it all together. My other subject area is HASS (History and Social Sciences) - but we aren't teaching that until the second half of the term - and again I need to tie it into the other curriculum areas - so I have to wait until they are finished. That will be my job in the holidays then the whole term will be planned.

I did not have a good night last night - hit by a massive trigger by something that came on tv. It really affected me so I was up and down all night and spent most of the night on the couch. That certainly added to my tiredness today ...and my neck and back was really sore and I had a headache (probably from my neck pain). Had meds at lunchtime which of course made me sleepy - could have quite easily curled up on the floor and slept Smiley SurprisedI need to do some things tonight though so need to stay awake ...one more day and then I can sleep 👍

How has your day been? Has it been a bits and pieces day again? Is Nelly eating her tinned food yet?

So sorry to hear you were triggered yesterday @Zoe7 ....... so sleeping on the break will be really important for you ......

Go you with ticking the programming boxes ❣️  I don't think any of us were in any doubt you would do it.

Yes, another bits and pieces day, but ticking boxes in the process regardless.  D3 is on the move to the art space shortly, so while we are in packing and moving turmoil, we were already in WH-moved-out-and-is-trashing-my-life turmoil anyway, and now it will be a reassigning this space turmoil ...,, but not for long !!  I have a piece of furniture to construct which might be a bit of a challenge, but I can't wait to get more junk out of my lounge room and turned into not-junk ..... and I think by the end of the week this whole place will finally be feeling like it's home-for-here ...... hard to even think that when pieces of my heart live on the other side of the country.

Settling down to some drawing work now.  Back a bit later.

Hi Hon. Organising dinner here @Faith-and-Hope and then need to do an example artwork for the kids - be back later myself Heart

Hi @Kurra Smiley Happy

Dinner eaten @Faith-and-Hope - will clean up later Smiley Tongue

It certainly has been a full on week so far. We are all tired and struggling to concentrate - so I am not alone there. It is a great team though so whatever we are all feeling the others seem to pull it all together to cover each other. I am glad tomorrow is our last day as I don't think I could manage another night like last night and 2 more days like today. I'll get done what needs to be done tonight and tomorrow then sleep is my number 1 priority.

I was really struck by you saying "WH-moved-out-and-is-trashing-my-life" Hon - do not let him do that to you - he has controlled your life for so long and now it is time you take that control back. I know that is easier said than done with all the legals and ongoing dramas he is creating but every little step is a step closer to being rid of him for good. Stay strong and continue to be the brave, driven and wonderful person you are - he cannot take any of that from you 💜

Part of that is making your space 'home' - and that you are doing ...and when D3 moves into the art space you will have more room to sort things out too. It is hard when so much of your life is back west but for now this is where you are and you need to make it as much a home as you can ...and you have Nelly now which is something you would never have had if things had stayed the same - so whilst everything is difficult, unknown and ambiguous for now, the silver linings are your baby dragons are finding their voice and their own space and you also have your fur baby - hold onto the positives to help you through 💜💙💚🧡💛💐🌸🌺🌷🌹😘

Thank you @Zoe7  ..... I think Inreally needed to hear that tonight 😔

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance