Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@outlander ^^^

Your welcome @Faith-and-Hope 

I thought that might be the case re his eating disorder

Hopefully this might give him the wake call he needs and hopefully he gets a Dr that might be able to reach him at some level. We can only hope.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope Just read about Mr. - any news there or is he keeping it all to himself? How are your doing?

Hi @Zoe7 

He told one of the kids that the tests came back clear last night, so again, I am being communicated with second-hand ..... but he has also asked to meet up outside the house tonight, which suggests he has something serious he wants to say ..... so I don’t know what that means, but I’m guessing something is going to change ......

Not looking forward to it, but these things have to happen, and like with anything else, I can only take things one step at a time.

That doesn't sound good at all Hon. I will be around tonight on and off but will definitely look out for you @Faith-and-Hope Whatever it is he wants to discuss and however it impacts you - 100% here for you 💛🧡💚💙💜💐🌺🌸🌹😘

@Faith-and-Hope  Big hugs 💕💜💕💜 @Zoe7  💕💜💕💜

Thanks @Zoe7 @Maggie 🙏 💕

Anything we can do for you Hon we are here @Faith-and-Hope Heart

@Maggie Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7  how was your first day back at work? Did Cat cope okay with you being out? I guess it was a pupil free day today, so maybe a slightly earlier finish for you. I realise you wont get test results back for Cat for another few days, but its so good that her recovery has been so unexpectedly swift. Added to the fact that she seems so well, it surely bodes well for a great outcome.

@Faith-and-Hope  so sorry to read about how MrF has been treating you again, re no communication etc. Also disappointed to hear that his short hospital stay and resulting tests, did not throw up any red flags. So his self delusion is able to continue regarding his ED. More's the pity.

My FiL had a fall in the nursing home the night before last. Ended up in hospital for xrays and assessment. Nothing broken, but very sore and bruised. So he spent the day in hospital, but back to the home today. He seems very disorientated and confused today though, and did not look at all well. They suspect a UTI and have done blood and urine tests, which will likely confirm that.

My BiL is improving mentally, but physically he remains seriously ill. It will likely be a long hospital stay, and 

even then he may not get well enough to enable him to go home. He continues to need dialysis, so their hope that his kidney function may improve, is not looking likely after this length of time. Just another complication for him.

Hubby .. well .. nothing much changes there. He is battling through, but making life difficult for me in the process. His jealousy can be extreme at times, and his accusations at me totally ridiculous. Sometimes I think to myself 'he is joking, he has to be'. But no .. he's serious. Its just laughable really, but hurtful at the same time. I dont know why I expect it to be any different now though, when this has always been the way it is. I suppose we just havent been anywhere now for over two years, no opportunity for that side of him to raise its head.

Only another day and a half here, then flying back to Sydney Wednesday. Overnight before train home from Sydney Thursday.

Hi everyone else too. I have not been posting much while away. But I have been reading along on most of your threads which I subscribe to. @outlander @BlueBay @Former-Member @Maggie @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Gazza75  and anyone else interested.

Sherry 💕

It wasn't a pupil free day today @Former-Member so straight back into it. Mondays I spend most of the day with one class though so it was good to not have to run around classes all day. We did some art this afternoon too which made the day go quicker.

I came home at recess and lunch to check on Cat. She didn't like having to stay in her room so tomorrow I will let her stay out - less distressing for her I think. I found her on top of where I had pulled her bed down and she has jumped onto the dining table a few times but she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. The vet seemed to think she would only do what she felt okay doing so there was no need to keep her cooped up in the smaller cage. She is doing rmarkably well for such a massive operation - eating still and going to the toilet without any trouble - so yes I am really hoping for a fsvourable result this week from the biopsy ...but if not we will deal with that when it comes.

Sorry to hear about your FIL and BIL but it is also good you are there with both of them. Falls at any age are not good but when someone is frail already it can be serious so good he only had a day in the hospital. Hope it it a UTI and can be cleared up easily - one less thing to worry about then. BIL sounds like it is going to be a really hard road especially if he needs constant dialysis - it is preferable than what you initially thought - that he would not come out of this at all - so a little hope there. Is he able to talk or communicate with you all?

I really hear how hard Hubby's behaviour and hurtful words are affecting you. He really should be more grateful to you for planning this trip, organising everything and getting him there to see his father and brother - but I suppose you are right - he will never change ...but that is so hard for you. Hugs and hugs and hugs Hon Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance