Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

jay2
Senior Contributor

Did my nut

Ive just done my nut with with some smart alec university student who is doing a phd  with this bewellplan.com .         I tried to do the questionaire thingo, be buggered if I could understand it, told him so. Told him it was a heap of rubbish,designed for city people by city people ,not suitable for seniors or country people.          I felt so absolutely irritated by it.  I let him have it. Told him it was bull shit and to get it right, that if he was an example of what was coming out of university ,no wonder the world was in a mess and God help us.     Then the email address was wrong that they gave and it wouldnt send,so I had to find a different one ,but near it, to send off my irritated reply.   Got an answer back ,said they would pass it onto the appropriate department, so someone had a laugh. I hope they give him what for.         Was I being overly sensative ,is it a sign of the times,or just me going over the top ,maybe a little bit hypo. Feeling very ,very irritated. jay2

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Did my nut

Not sure @jay2 

SO long as you kept your language unthreatening ...

I have met some new grads with lousy people skills. Takes experience and honesty to relate to others.

Smiley Happy

Re: Did my nut

i was thinking similar when i saw something like this advertised. i just don't relate to those sites and don't complete the exercises.

i think often text book stuff doesn't translate well to aspies and some cultural groups.

one i did on social anxiety really got my goat, it implied if you didn;t work on your social skills you might end up alone.  shock, horror like that's a bad thing, maybe i want to be alone and not judged for it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance