Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Thanks @CheerBear ❤️

I am making yarn yarn out of unexpected (recycled) materials,  can’t say what because it might be identifying, but it’s part of what makes the thing sculpture rather than craft per se.

Hey @Faith-and-Hope 

Oh my goodness; those tea cosies are absolutely adorable! Such skilled work...

With your art idea, could you use fabric torn into long thin strips? Maybe clothing or linen from Salvo's or Vinnies? That would increase texture ideas as well as colour choices from plaids to floral and then some.

Hi @CheerBear 

I think your free-form idea rocks! When I was at school we used to free-form draw without taking pencil off the page, then painted shapes different colours to create an abstract piece.

I don't have a go-to grounding activity as such these days, but sewing would be number one if I did.

Hey @saturnzoon @outlander @Ali11 @Sans911 @BlueBay @greenpea. It's nice you all have crochet in common. Great reading along with you all too. Heart

I have bought rag yarn to use at times @Hope4me , but I will consider making my own, and making it very “rustic”, thank you ❣️

@Faith-and-Hope  that is amazing piece of your free form, way above what i could do as im still learning, I would Love to be able to do those type of things one day.

Hi @saturnzoon  👋

That one wasn’t one of mine , although I wouldn’t mind if it was ❣️ .... it’s an internet find to show the sort of thing I like to do because I can’t show the real thing.  It’s a piece of work for my course, so it could be identifying.

Something like this is built out of pieces though, and a more skilled crochet artist (see what I did there ..... you’re all artists 🎨) might build it by adding sections on with their crocheting hook.  There is nothing stopping you from starting with a crocheted square or hexagon, then looking up a pattern for a flower and making that in the same yarn, and sewing it on top.  Then choose a pattern for a leaf and make some of those, and stitch them on.  It’s just a different way of arriving at a similar result.

Go looking at freedom crochet images online, and see what you can make.  Some have buttons and beads sewn into them.  There is a lot of choice about what you could do.

Ypu might want to make a blanket from crocheted shapes, then crochet something like a flower or flowers in different shapes and sizes and then stitch them on in patterns, or randomly.

Cute for a baby’s rug, with a duck or robot or something on it.

well guys @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Hope4me @BlueBay @outlander , I'm having a little break from my hexagon blanket and thought i might crochet  some drink bottle holders and want to know what you think about this colour.Don't know how to rotate itDon't know how to rotate it

Love it @saturnzoon 😍

Love the colours @saturnzoon  xx

love the yarn choice @saturnzoon

@Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @BlueBay @saturnzoon @Hope4me 

what are you guys working on lately?

@CheerBear  id love to hear about the new project your going to do?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance