Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Jupiter
Community Manager

**Closed** Would you like to give back to the community? Applications close soon!

**Applications now closed**

Hello wonderful carers,

You may have seen that we are currently advertising for new Community Guides. Applications will be closing tomorrow morning at 10am, and we are encouraging some last minute applications!

This is quite a popular role for those with a lived experience, however we would love to have some more carers on board too, as your voice is very important within our community. 

We have heard from Guides that they like the feeling of giving back to a community that has supported them. It’s also a great way to be involved in forum-related decision-making and community building.

I know caring can be very time consuming, and some of you may be cautious about an extra commitment. However I would like to highlight that the role requires only 2 hours of forum activities per week, spread out however you like. We also provide training and ongoing support, and encourage your own self-care along the way. Your wellbeing is always our priority.

If you are keen to read more about the role and apply, please see this post: https://saneforums.org/t5/Forums-news-and-feedback/Recruiting-New-Community-Guides-apply-now/m-p/854...

Perhaps our current Community Guides have some insight around how they find the role? @CheerBear @eth @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Shaz51 @frog 

Volunteer | Roberto Hernández Center

1 REPLY 1

Re: Would you like to give back to the community? Applications close soon!

Hello everyone 👋

Hello wonderful carers

I have been on the forum for 5 years
and have been a CG for 4 years now and have found it such a great way to give back to this Wonderful community.

I really enjoy working with other CGs and community managers, it is great having the support and helping each other and bouncing ideas around, giving feedback and learning with and from everyone.
The forum is so important to many of us and the CG role is a great way of supporting the forum while learning and gaining experience for ourselves , like I have learnt soo much to help me and also to help my own family

I remember 4 years ago when I was asked if I like to be a CG and being concerned about being able to whether the commitment might be too much for me and how I might manage it, .
Being a CG has really helped me to grow .
I'm also often reminded me of the importance of self-care both on and off the forum which I find helpful.
When I've had a hard time meeting my commitment I've reached out to community managers who have been so reassuring and supportive and it is great to have other CG`s support behind me too

we would love to have some more carers on board too, as your voice is very important within our community.

I really hope everyone who is interested in becoming a CG applies! I find it a great opportunity to learn, grow and give back 🙂
And if you have any questions please ask

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance