Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

outlander
Community Guide

Christmas movies baking and craft

Hi everyone 

I know christmas is tough for many including myself so i try to do things i like to try and get in the spirit of things esp with kids  around alot of the time too. 

So im wondering.. what are some of your favourite christmas movies (both kid friendly and not) crafty activities and also baking too

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Christmas movies baking and craft

Hi @outlander 

Nice post !

My favourite Christmas movies -

Miracle on 34th St

Christmas with the Kranks

Jingle All The Way

Home Alone

The Santa Clause and

any other cheesy movies I find.

Gingerbread House building always a tradition with it being smashed on New Years Eve and eaten for the next month.

A few years ago my husband introduced me to having a real Christmas tree and now I can’t go back to plastic. Even better when you can go to a farm and cut it yourself.

WinterSun

Great idea for a thread @outlander!! For me, with movies, I've always liked the Santa Claus trilogy and The Holiday & I quite enjoy ones like Last Christmas & Four Christmasses as well.

As far as baking, coconut ice is a family favourite and chocolate fudge. Another really cool thing I've done in the past is making gingerbread houses- you can sometimes purchase packs from bakeries and then get the lollies & everything to decorate it with- it certainly makes for a fun day!

Not so much crafty, but another thing I've loved is to go looking at the Christmas lights people put up. I've known a neighbourhood who every Christmas Eve would line their streets with candles they'd then light as a kind of 'Runway for Santa'- that to me was Christmas magic in one picture! 

Great idea for a thread, @outlander!

Agreed, @WinterSun, Home Alone is a classic favourite of mine - love all the booby traps! 😂

I also like The Grinch (2000)! I usually watch it every year

Thank you  for the tag  @TideisTurning , @Former-Member , @outlander , @WinterSun 🥰

im so glad others are joining in here 💛💙

@WinterSun @TideisTurning @outlander 

Good to read everyone's favourite things to do and watch.

I havent done any baking this year but usually do rumballs. My co-worker was nice enough to drop off her christmas cookies she baked for us; brown sugar cookies, walnut choc chip and shortbread. It is such a nice gesture at this time of year.

Christmas movies: 

Disney's I'll be home for Christmas, Elf, Deck the Halls, the holiday

Hello  @LookingHopeful

Hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas Day.

WinterSun

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance