Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

Heart@AppleblossomHeart   Just for you, GORGEOUS!

Maybe you can sing, & play, a musical instrument, to this Hymn.    I know how much you love singing, & music. If not, its a lovely worship song to Bless our soul, & start the afternoon off with.Heart

Edited - wrong spelling

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

@Former-Member @Shaz51   @Appleblossom   @Former-Member  @Adge  @Jojo2    @Faith-and-Hope  @Owlunar

Former-Member
Not applicable

Bless the Lord o my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name. Psalm 103 v 1

Did you know we have a free app that helps you study God's Word every day? Right now in the First 5 app, we're going through Prone to Wander — a study of Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah and Micah. Whether or not you've used the app before, you can now download a free sample from the accompanying Experience Guide!

Our attention and affections are in high demand. Whether it’s a person, a job or a screen, there is plenty to distract our eyes and our hearts from God. Like the Israelites, we may have the best intentions to follow God. But it can be tempting to wander away when something “better” or "easier" comes along.

There will always be other gods to worship, but there is only One True God. And while we are often unfaithful to God, God is always faithful to His people.

Stories From The Christian Heart

Loving On These Sweet Children
 deanna

From the time I was a little girl, I wanted to be a missionary. Finally, God opened a door for me. After spending 30 years in special education, I retired in August 2015 and began working with Real Hope for Haiti, a medical mission primarily serving malnourished children. I homeschool the children of the missionaries serving at RHFH. After my teaching responsibilities end for the day, I am blessed to have opportunities to love and serve the precious children healing in the clinic. I spend nine months of the year in Haiti and then...

read more

The Comfort Dogs
 THE COMFORT DOGS

If you have seen comfort dogs on site at crisis situations, then you've probably seen a member of the LCC K-9 Comfort Dog ministry team---a network of volunteers and dogs working together to bring compassion where it is needed. This powerful ministry officially began in 2008, but God was working on it even before it became "official." When Hurricane Katrina hit, the LCC Disaster Response Team set up a disaster triage. The team was asked to perform search and rescue for people with animals as many people were refusing to leave their flooding homes without their pets. The team saw firsthand the power of a pet to someone going through a crisis. In February 2008, Lutheran Church Charities (LCC) was contacted and asked to bring the dogs to Northern Illinois University where a shooting had occurred... 

read more

Selling Houses, Sharing Jesus
 SELLING HOUSES, SHARING JESUS

I was working as a hairdresser while going to college in Hawaii. After I graduated, one of my clients asked me to help in her real estate brokerage firm. She had seen my love for people and wanted me as an agent. She gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse. She paid for my training, licensing, coaching and continuing education plus gave me all my leads and a weekly salary. This opportunity allowed me to rapidly gain extensive real estate knowledge and skill. And I loved the work! But when we moved to the mainland, my license did not transfer... 

read more

The Christian Heart Ministry
 approved-logo

The Christian Heart ministry highlights what people do in their everyday life to show their love for Jesus. Our mission is to encourage Christians to put their faith into action. Little things that may have an eternal impact. You can certainly help our ministry by spreading the word. If a story moves you, please share it with your friends. Please like us on Facebook, and follow us Twitter or Instagram. And if you know someone who is displaying a wonderful love for Jesus in their day-to-day life, please share their story with us. You can email us at info@thechristianheart.com or click here.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Lovely @Former-Member, thank you 🙂

Today's Word with Joel and Victoria

Today’s Scripture
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
(2 Timothy 4:7, NIV)

SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

Facebook Twitter Google Plus 

It's About the Way You Finish

So often, when people make mistakes, they get down on themselves and think, “If only...” “I should have...” “What if...?” It’s easy to feel like you’ve missed the best plan for your life. That’s when people get discouraged and stop pursuing their God-given dreams. But understand today, just because you’ve made a mistake or failed in some way doesn’t cancel God’s plan. God never disqualifies you. He never says, “Go sit on the sidelines. You’ve blown it too many times. You’ve got too many weaknesses.” No, God always gives you another chance!

Some of the great people in the Bible made very poor choices. The apostle Paul started off as a evil man, yet his destiny was bigger than his mistakes. He ended up becoming a great leader and writing over half of the New Testament.

What am I saying? Our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish. Receive His grace today and embrace the bright future He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy to me. I trust that my days are ordered of You. I ask that You strengthen and empower me to fulfill Your call on my life. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

They are wonderful inspiring posts @Former-Member

Yesterday I had many people being warm and convivial with me on the train. I had 3 conversations with different people and coincidentally ran into a lady I knew and it was good we could talk as she had been a little defensive as she is with a friend I have known since I was 17. I have no romantic interest in him but am genuinely fond of him as a friend. (but maybe it was not so coincidental??)  Anyway we could have chat, connect on heaps, so hope she relaxes more when all meet together.

It definitely cheered up mothers day for me which was a complete zero in other respects.

Keep being YOU Bella.

@Appleblossom My GORGEOUS Friend XO 🙂
I am so happy that what I chose to post today has made you Happy & Encouraged!
I am feeling the same as you, that's why I thought these would touch the heart, Spirit of many if not all.:)
I'm so sorry Mothers Day was not a time of being appreciated for who you are AppleBlossom. This fact makes me sad, seriously, does.
I have always appreciated you since I got the pleasure to meet you here in SF. I suppose its not the same as being appreciated by a child, on Mothers Day, tho 😞
My Mum went to be with GOD 8 years ago, so Mothers Day is a sad day for me. 😞
Anyway, you were Blessed in a different way, & this fact makes me smile, for you, My AppleBlossom! 🙂
I will keep being me, only if you promise to keep, being you, too! 😉

((((((((((AppleBlossom)))))))))))
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX & more! 😉
My Love Eternally!
Bella 🙂 <><<
@>--->---->--------- & 11 more!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance