Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

InsaneMushie
Contributor

Booked in for assessment at a rehab tomorrow

Hi, 

Booked in for assessment at a rehab tomorrow, anyone have any advice?

Especially for anxiety.... It's the most likely thing that's going to stop me that n my addictions. I have social anxiety and having to deal with strangers, especially someone who is probably going to push me to do something about my substance abuse issues (and probably in very near future). I also have major issues of handing over so much power to someone I do not know..Most of my family don't know how bad both my mental health and substance abuse has gotten (some suspect, 1 or 2 know). How am I going to explain going missing 4 4 weeks? Family members like my parents will be calling police ect looking for me.... 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Booked in for assessment at a rehab tomorrow

Didn't go well, exposed myself n gave myself one of the worst swing anxiety / depression days I've ever had to be told no beds available anytime in near future. And to top it my bff so left out to hang in the support department....

Why even try...

Just booking yourself into the assessment shows where part of your inclination lies. Going clean.  There are other ways to deal with addiction than the standard rehab.  Did they put you on a wait list?

Hang in there. @InsaneMushie 

Do your research.  Hang out with people who bring out the best in you.

Smiley Happy

Actually they were ment to call today in regards to assessment n whata help / services could be provided untili can get a bed...
No call = they don't really care

That sucks!!! We're all struggling some way or another in this world but sadly the timings not always right. I hope you continue to manage. Sometimes managing is all it takes. Just taking it day by day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance