Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

Oh thanks for missing me @Zoe7  and everyone.

how lovely of you to say so.

Yeah just been a bit down over the last few days.  you know how it is mate.  

We really need a win just to save face for sure, but if the Cane Train comes in tonight I won't mind.  They are the only team I don't mind losing to since they are my second team lol.   

Enjoy Painey in the commentary box, he is rather entertaining with his stories lol.

No probs @Zoe7 .  Will catch you next time Heart

Of course I have been missing you Hon - love our catch ups and chats Smiley Very Happy

Had to get money, do shopping, chemist and Kmart - unfortunately they didn't have all I needed at the supermarket nor what I was going to get at Kmart so I will have to go out again tomorrow. I was really hoping for a few days at home but will try to get out early so I can still do that. 

I watched the game when I got home - what an exciting end. It could have gone either way in the last few overs but our young man (Ellis I think his name is) bowled an exceptionally good last over to pull it out of the bag for us. We are still in with a very slim chance of making the finals and we have Darcy SHort back next gae so that is positive.

Your nephew has been snuggled up on the doona next to me all night. I took him shopping with me earlier. He layed on his blanket on the front seat while I was in the shops then looked out the window for most of the trip home. He loves coming in the car with me - and I love taking him. I am hoping to get to the beach tomorrow with him but we are expecting rain so might not make it in time - see how the day pans out.

Much love to you Hon - yeah know how those down days go so hope the next few are better for you Heart

@Scarecrowe @Former-Member 

After waiting all morning to watch Ash's match ....I fell asleep in the second set!

She won easily though so I can watch again on Friday. 👍

Not really interested in the Big Bash tonight but will likely watch some of it in between more sorting. Have spent most of the aftenoon resting - it has all certainly caught up with me and I very much needed the down time.

I have a mat to fix for my sister also tonight and then take it around to her tomorrow morning. I still haven't had my blood tests done so I should do that in the morning also (there is no rush but getting it out of the way will be one less thing to do).

Was a fantastic game last night @Zoe7  @Former-Member 

What a great last over he bowled.  I am glad you guys beat us.  You have more to gain by winning than we do, so a win by us would have been a waste as far as I am concerned.

Yes with Darcy coming back in you guys should hopefully shake things up.  I will be barracking for the Cane Train don't you worry. lol.

Was very upset to see my fav Renegades player (Harper) go off with concussion. Been a fan of his for awhile.  Hoping he is back on the playing field sooner rather than later.

Yeah just money and work getting me down mate.  Hours are really bad, got 16 this week and last week and unless I pick up any next week I have only 12.  Not sure how I am supposed to pay rent etc with that many hours.  Trying to get another job or a second job but having no luck at all.  And retail is a dying profession, there is hardly any jobs to apply for as it is.  And my age does not help, now I am classed as a 'senior worker' rather than a 'young and vibrant' person.

And work is becoming a toxic place to be around.  People not doing their work properly and me and another 'senior' worker spending time fixing these mistakes and getting into trouble because it is taking longer to do our actual work.  Even though we get told time and time again, if you see a problem fix it.  You cannot win.  

If only I could win Tatts all this would go away!!!!

Anyway that is my moan for now anyway lol.

This is exactly what I need my friend lol

https://youtu.be/cAMLa5ZC-B4

Glad to hear that Ash won her second round.

We are wanting a Barty Party @Zoe7 @Former-Member   Smiley Very Happy

Your post has disappeared @Scarecrowe - can't see why - doesn't break any guidelines Smiley Sad

Read and can reply anyway... It is so hard and also very annoying not having people do what they are supposed to. Some people just do not care if they actually do the right thing or not and then you and the other worker left to pick up the pieces and getting in trouble for being too slow consequently at you own work is ridiculous. 

I hope you pick up some more hours this week - I do know how difficult it is when we do not have enough to cover required expenses. It is hard to find jobs -especially in Tassie - there are just not enough around and it is usually younger workers employed to fill those roles because they can be paid less - experience does not matter when it comes to money Smiley Frustrated Have you tried Bunnings? They employ all range of people for a multitude of roles. I have know a few 'older' people that have found work their - more to fill in time and feel useful than for the money ...worth  looking into maybe.

Yes I like Harper too and it was a huge collision. He landed awkwardly too so with his recent history I hope he is okay. He is such a talent and has a big future in Aussie cricket 👍

My post has disappeared @Zoe7   odd.  Oh well, no biggie.  Must have been something wrong with it, can't see what though.

I applied at Bunnings when they opened up their new stores, but never got an interview.

But with retail stores closing left, right and centre there is no job security within retail these days, which is really scary.  

Well that was a great suggestion then wasn't it @Scarecrowe Smiley Surprised Bloody Bunnings don't know what they are missing Hon Heart

I agree with you - stores are closing everywhere - online shopping is taking over. I still prefer to go into a store - especially for clothes ...have to try them on first as sizes online can be so unpredictable. I often shop online first then go into the physical store to buy things ...and occasionally the other way around (when they do not have the right size or colour of something). I did that recently where the shop had the right size but not the right colour ...so ordered online as it was going to take longer to get the item physically into the store than it was in the post.

Yeah I couldn't see anything wrong with your post either ... @Former-Member where has @Scarecrowe 's post gone?

Off to do a little more sorting @Scarecrowe but will be back later if you are still around Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance