Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

The Renegades beat the Hurricanes @Flying_Hams Final run off the last ball of the innings - so close yet now win again!!!

2 points is really close @Flying_Hams - hope they can stay up there and make it through to the Premier League next year.

Me too hey @Zoe7
Can only hope.
I hope liverpool win for you too my awesome friend

We play Manchester City this week @Flying_Hams so that will be one massive test for us. I would be happy to get out of that one with a draw. We are 6 points ahead of them and a win would be massive for us but we haven't got a good record against them in the last few years.

WHo do Swansea play this week?

@Everan Did you watch the Fed Cup? Ash played superbly - never gave her opponent a chance all match. Young Ajla found it really tough going but the experience will be good for her - now to tomorrow ...I would play Stosur in the singles - she has the experience and may be a better match up than Ajla.

@Scarecrowe Enjoy the racing tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

Sheffield Wednesday @Zoe7
We should beat them I think
Let's hope anyway

Well done Ash @Zoe7 🙂 It was an exciting day. I stayed up late yesterday going to the movies that's why i didn't reply. I hope to watch a bit more today.

@Former-Member Watched the Hurricanes game tonight but as usual they could not pull off the win. Been a disappointing year but will look forward to our boys playing now. Also watched a little of the test match today in between sleeping. Laubuschange is playing so well - is a pleasure to watch him bat Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 ... really pleased you were able to watch your Hurricanes play their WBBL match yesterday.  Only sorry they couldnt pull off a win for you. I watched some of the game too.  Unfortunately it was also another loss for my Sixers yesterday ... they played 1pm.  They have lost 3 in a row now I think.  The way they are going, they wont make it into the finals. The sooner Elysse Perry gets over her shoulder injury and back to the game, the better.

I did watch some of the Test match.  I was really disappointed that Steve Smith didnt stick around, as I love watching him bat.  But you are right ... Labuschange is playing great cricket.  So good to see him get his first century.  Its funny too, watching him bat .. he has many of the same habits and quirks that Smith has.  I think he must have been studying him.

So its now over the our Aussie bowlers.  Well actually ... should I say it, or not?  Yeah I will ... coz I'm pretty proud of my NSW contingent of Aussie bowlers.  The 4 bowlers for Aust are all NSW boys ... Cummins, Hazelwood, Starc, Lyon. A great crop of bowlers they are too.

I was really disappointed that the Aussie ladies were unable to win the Fed Cup a couple of weeks ago.  And I noticed that the Aussie men were unable to make it to the Semi finals of the new format of the Davis Cup comp this week.  They did pretty well though .. and Kyrgios even managed to behave himself during the tournament.  Thats gotta be a first.  Such a shame he's been such a 'jerk', because he has so much talent, the young man.  I think it didnt help the Aussies cause when he was unable to play in their qtr final match, due to injury, which they subsequently lost. I have mixed feelings about the new format of the Davis Cup.  I guess I'm more of a traditionalist, and like the old way.

Hello to @Scarecrowe @Everan @Flying_Hams @Former-Member  and other sports nuts out there. Hope there is something on today to keep you interested.

Sherry 

I am very much a traditionalist too when it comes to sport @Former-Member - especially tennis. I totally agree with you - don't like the new format for Davis Cup either. I have absolutely no interest in watching Kyrios play - too many outbursts for me to even consider watching. It is a shame though because he really does have so much talent.

I was disappointed our girls could not pull off the doubles match to beat France in the Fed Cup. The French girls played so well though and deserved to tale it out.

You certainly have a great crop of bowlers from NSW at present - let's hope they can whip through Pakistan today, I might watch a little more today - nothing else on to watch.

Liverpool had another win early this morning so are still 8 points clear at the top of the table. This really could be our year. There is still half the season to go but it is looking good so fsr. Been s long time since we have won the title but we should be hard to catch if we continue to play as we have been.

Hi @Former-Member @Zoe7 and others here.

Wednesday was a good morning for Wales football.. They qualified for euro 2020. 🙂

That was a good start to the day. I was watching it on the way to work in fact lol.

I am hoping we go well in the Cricket this season. So far so good but Pakistan don't seem to be much of a competition tbh I think.

But anyway. Hope you are both okay these days

hmm havent seen them bat, but a couple of their bowlers are ok @Flying_Hams  re Pakistan

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance