Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Its hard when that trust is broken from people dearest to you @outlander 

I am worried they will send me to hospital or send people to my house.

I have probably said too much already tonight.

I had better go 

I hope tomorrow is ok for you @outlander 

Hugs too @Former-Member 

Heart

its ok @Snowie you can talk to me, im always here to listen. it is so tough to feel ok anywhere when certain things happen. we can talk about something else if you would like but understand if you feel abit better logging off for the night. either way sitting with you Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

Just what I wrote about on my thread @outlander  . I have been tempted to cancel many times. Afraid to go, but equally afraid not to. I think a bit like you and @Snowie are talking about .. a loss of trust.

ill go back and read your thread @Former-Member give me a 2 seconds

ok I went and read back about the things happening with your psych @Former-Member
that would be really tough. when you normally have a certain sort of interaction and then it changes it can be really hard to know how to act/react and also brings up many emotions and thoughts just as it done for you.
its ok you are worried and have concerns now, I think thats pretty normal. I do hope that youll go though and this session will be more helpful.
if the session is much like the last one, perhaps it would be worth chatting to her about how the sessions are going if thats something your comfortable in doing?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes you are right of course @outlander . Its best I know.

And depending on what she says about everything, it is my intention to talk about whether future sessions are an option, or not. Fact is, with out of pocket costs involved, I consider psych sessions to be a luxury for me. But its a luxury I've been willing to pay for, until now. Now though ... if she has given up on me, then clearly she sees me as a lost cause. And she's one of the best, by reputation. If I cannot trust her fully, or rely on her support when I need it .. what good is she to me? I also believe she has told my GP things recently, which I told her in confidence. So I'm not sure I fully trust her, as I once did. She may have told him with my welfare in mind, but its still a breach of trust. But, if I 'sack' her ... then I am completely on my own again. So my head is going around and around in circles. I feel dizzy from it all, thrown totally out of kilter.

Having your psych talk to your gp would be tricky @Former-Member
That was one of my issues when i was seeing pdocs and psychs. They all communicated with each other so it always felt like i had to watch what i was saying and i couldn't trust any of them. The new pdoc i have seema to frustrate my gp because he doesnt communicate as much only basically an update on the medications, my previous pdoc use to write everything including what i wore to appts!

I really hope it all works out until now i know your psych has been a big help to you. Having an open convo wirh her sounds like a good idea then at least you know where you stand. Im not sure she has given up on you, i totally get how your thinking though.

Is there a womens health centre in your area? I wonder if they offer frew counselling sessions... there is one thats about 40 min away from me and they offer free counselling sessions. Might be worth looking into? I hate that everything in life honestly revolves around finances

@outlanderjust coming by to see how you are today. I know you are probably busy with the kids today. Lots of love Heart

Hope today has been kind to you @outlander 

All my love Heart Snowie

@Snowie ❤❤❤❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance