Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

All finished at the hospital @outlander. For today anyway. I have to return for the results tommorow.

Just having something to eat and a decent coffee before I head home on the train.

How's your day been so far?

Hi also @Faith-and-Hope
@Teej
@CheerBear - missing your gentleness
@Appleblossom
@Snowie - I hope those deep, dark feelings are easing
@Appleblossom

And anyone else I missed

hope your results are ok @Sans911 Heart

my days been pretty quiet. i had kids this morning and the arvo, was only quick at the horses and just in with the nurse this morning. its super windy here with over 100k wind gusts being reported! definently a day for being indoors.
ive finished watching all the modern family dvds now so not to sure what to watch next, possibly avatar..

do you have much else to do when you get home?

Oh so sorry for you going through horrible tests @Sans911 . I’m crossing fingers it turns out ok for you. I hope you are home and taking some 'me' time, well not 'me' time but 'you' time 😘

@outlander  Glad your situation had a good outcome. 

@Teej - feeling quite tired now. I've been at the hospital 5hours this morning. Glad it's not nearly as long tommorow. Time for a rest at home.

Your me/you time gave me a giggle 🤭

That’s good @Sans911 , it was meant to 💜😘😄. Take it easy now. Just quietly I have never had a breast screen because I’m a big chicken but have been thinking I might need to drag out my big girl pants and get it done before my appointment to get them reduced. If there is something there they may as well cut it out at the same time 😳

Good luck for tomorrow.  🍀 🙏🤞🏻

Unfortunately it's not so easy to have something cut out at the same time as a mammogram @Teej. But the mammogram is relatively straight forward and only causes mild discomfort as your boobs are squished both ways. I just got the joy of having mine squished several times. If you're good at compartmentalising, these procedures are relative straight forward.

Tbh, I really couldn't give a fig if I had to loose mine. They say it's an essential part of being a woman, but mine have been a burden my whole life. There's no way I would go through treatment for cancer. It's undignified and horrendous. I would let nature take its own path.

Sorry @Sans911 I meant cut out as the same time I have my breast surgery. I’m not sure what they’d do under that circumstance though, finding something whilst doing a breast reduction surgery. I know I won’t be able to have a straight forward mammogram and I guess body issue shame has prevented me from getting it done. I have a feeling because of my age I will need a mammogram don’t first before the breast reduction. 

Lets hope there is nothing to worry about @Sans911 💜🤗😘🙏🤞🏻🍀💐

Sounds Exhausting and uncomfortable in a crazy thoroughly modern womanish way.  @Sans911  Thats a long day in oupatients.  Sorry you are battling so much atm. Hope tomorrow yields good results. 

HeartHeartHeart

@outlander 

I know goodwill is hopelessly inadequate in many situations.  Glad that you realised it was the gadget and not you that was out of whack.  Betya cant sue for an anxiety causing night ...

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Mad

Take Care All

Lil Sis @outlander are you around for a general chit chat? I've given up trying to get my assignment in tonight. There's far too much to write.

Im still around for a little while @Sans911  💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance