Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Take it easy @outlander @Zoe7
There is a lot of this going around today it seems.
I am watching Max AS hell with Shaun micallef. Will watch something else later too probably.

no thank you @outlander How about you?

its just been one of those sorts of days @Zoe7 started of with getting bitten by a pony. hes a :pile_of_poo: at the best of times so it doesn't really surprise me. myself and another person are the only one who is allowed to handle him at events. when im there hes not though so no swapping like others can do. And had a breathing/throwing up issue which was super embarrassing but im grateful to the off duty nurse who happened to be there today with one of the kids. and pop started pretty much as soon as i walked in the door, just super frustrating things, he forgets but some things he says is hurtful. abit anxious playing the waiting game as well but keeping fingers crossed that i hear about some things tomorrow.
sorry for the ramble 😕

Enjoy your movie (?) @MDT sounds like a nice way to spend your evening

A really tough day for you then @outlander What do you have planned for tonight to ease some of that tension within yourself? I know you often find a shower comforting - I do too - there is something great about the water easing away some of the stress - plus I always feel a little better when I am warm and clean Smiley Happy

Did the horse do much damage Hon - they can certainly be tricky creatures. One of my Dad's horses is prone to kicking out so he has to be really careful when he is around his back legs - he can run like the wind though so he is often forgiven Smiley Tongue

im just watching mumma mia atm @Zoe7 but im definently having a shower just waiting on the movie to finish though, theres only about 15 minutes left then can start mumma mia part 2 and maybe keep working on the new blanket ive started.
showers are pretty good hey, much better being warm and clean. almost like washing the day away.

nah, not to much damage, mostly just some bruising and teeth indents, didn't break through the skin thankfully. he got a flick on the nose before he could bite much harder. he didn't seem to learn that lesson though as he kept trying to bite for most of the day when leading and getting kids on and off not much you can do though when you have kids riding them.
oh yes kickers are abit harder too cause you don't always know when its going to happen.
Glad he runs like the wind 😏 he needs to to make up for the weariness lol. does he have thoroughbreds?

Evening lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 hugs for your tough day

hi sis @Sans911 👋
How are you going tonight? i  read your making some good progress with your assignment too and your pains a little better tonight (?) 

He has pacers @outlander 

Glad it didn't break the skin but super annoying still - especially having to keep on your guard throughout the day and him not learning with the flick on the nose Smiley Surprised

I agree about the showers - it is a good way to wash away the day sometimes. I find there is nothing better than a long shower after I have been in the garden or in the garage. It is a nice feeling being clean.

Watching The Block before I switch over to ABC soon then will head to bed. Already had night meds. Given up on school work - will have to get up early and into work early to do more - hopefully with a clearer head.

Sounds like a pest to deal with a bite injury @outlander
Hope it heals up soon.
Horses are interesting creatures though. I only ever rode one once ages ago at a camp I went to. It was pretty cool I must say.

My mum also fell off one when she was a kid as she was raised on a farm in rural Australia. She broke her collar bone though and still plays up at times for her. But again, they are pretty fascinating creatures. Horses and dogs have a special relationship with humans it seems.

Either way now I am rambling.

Hope shower helps too. It's good to shower up in both hot and cold times. I said to @Zoe7 before that I had to trim my face because I looked like an old tennis ball. Now it's okay lol.

And atm I'm watching a doco on ants on ABC.. bout to turn it off though. It's weird. Lol

ah yes i know those, very uncoordinated horses unless they are raced lol @Zoe7

it caught me off guard that's for sure, little :pile_of_poo: that's ponies for ya i suppose. glad it was me and not a kid though. ill put a drop nose band on him next time and show the others how to use it properly and thatll stop him being able to do that.

its so dusty where we work as well, which is what set the breathing difficulties and things off. bad allergies, antihistamines that aren't strong enough and so much sand, dust and hair cause they are molting now isn't a very good mix. plus i help with washing so i get all the soap and water on me as well. i guess it would be abit similar to playing in the garden too. a long hot shower is a good way to finish up the day.

whats on ABC that you like to watch? i don't really watch the block though sometimes its on through the day so have it on in the background if nothing much is on.

do you have a lot of school work that still needs to be done?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance