Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

@outlander 

You have been a great presence on the forums, especially balancing out the age range, so that it seems a legit place for more than middle aged people. I think you are instinctively suited for the CG role and typically act in a caring hospitable way way before you even got the CG tag.

You had a sense I was needy even when I did not ask, and I loved your regular little gift of flowers on my Fragile thread.  I started that thread to make a space for the vulnerable side of me as I felt I had been mainly in a help giving role.

I hope you managed to get the support you needed.

It is not a simple thing to manage the role, so give yourself some slack generally, if things come up in the future. I actually chose to "retire" from being  CG after a year as I felt pressured to be something that I did not believe was in my best interests, with my level of commitment to advocacy or activism in improving mental health outcomes for individuals and services.   I wanted to be free to be able to challenge the status quo if needed.  I wanted to be able to honour the many aspects of my experience. I used to be far too passive, not a giving cheek kind of person, so felt it important not to have toe the line at all times.  Somehow I have managed to work it out with mods and CMs etc. Because I have lost so many people I do feel the need to keep things real and not just positive for positive's sake.

Hugs @outlander 

Heart

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope  Heart

At the time I met you I still had not been given more than a diagnosis of Major Depression and been in so many carer roles, as sibling of, child of, spouse of, mother of, friend of .... a person struggling with mental health issues .... Your ongoing presence on the forum as certainly added to our sense of positive community on the forum.

Hugs

Thanks @Appleblossom 💜

hello @outlander how are you today xx

you are doing really good at being a CG

@Faith-and-Hope, @CheerBear said some great things

and I have had a few doubts along the way and the CM`s have helped me over the years and @Appleblossom , you have been there for me xxxx

thank you @Appleblossom @Shaz51 ❤❤❤❤

@Gazza75 👋

@outlander have a good night  take care 🙂 

thanks @Gazza75 hope your days been a good one too

@Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @CheerBear @Snowie @Appleblossom @Shaz51 👋💙💙

we know my sister , we havebeen there and sometimes still there but you have grown over the years i have known you xoxo

you are doing great xx @outlander 

Thank you @Shaz51

Evening lil Sis @outlander. I'm here with you tonight. ♥️ 💙 ♥️ 💙 ♥️ 💙 ♥️ 💙
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance